Sign in to follow this  

2000 KX100 Headwobble

Hello I'm an intermediate 16 yr old MX/Trail.

I bought a 2000 KX100 for a good 700 bucks on Craiglist bike starts up fine and runs Very well. I really want to get a bigger bike later on but I still enjoy this little smoker the first owner of the bike said the only thing he added was new sprockets, K&N Air filter, Easton EXP Grips and he said that he "tightened" the front shocks (Which is what I believe is what leads to the problem).

Now onto the problem the rear suspension handles well when you land a jump or slide through a corner but every other time I pin the bike after 3rd gear the front suspension starts wobbling uncontrollably, surprisingly I have haven't gotten close from crashes while wobbling but its a little uncomfortable and on long straightaways I feel like I'm going crash any second.

Should I "loosen" the shocks? and if so can someone show me a video/guide on how to do so?

Thank you.

Read up and learn how to check the sag, and this should let you know if spring rates are close.

You are getting headshake and it should not be happenign in 3rd gear. 4th pinned and up is more apt to get it. You can try lowering the forks a little but it sounds like your steering head nut is loose. With your fron't wheel off the ground, the bars should go stop to stop with a slight drag. if they just flop and bang, it's too loose. Tighten the spanner nut a little