Sign in to follow this  

2006 250sx

I am thinking about buying a 2006 250sx.Will will it have more power and handle better than the 98 yz250 I ride now.I am a vary aggressive trail rider.

the 06 is very tuneable and has broad power. It handles well and can be made to handle even better. I've never ridden a 98 yz....

I have been riding an 06 250sx since 05. I love it. I have been to all the KTM ridays every year and I am still riding my 06 because the new bikes just are not that much better. The forks are better on the new bikes but my 06 handles better than the new 250s. The KTMs are so much better than the old YZs that you won't believe it. You can tune the PV and change the pipe to get any kind of power out of the engine that you want. The only problem that you might have with the sx as a woods bike is the small gas tank. You can get a larger tank on ebay fairly cheep because many years and different sizes of KTM bikes all fit. There are so many companies that make after market stuff for KTMs that I can't evern scratch the surface. You can start with Enduro Engineering. They have a ton of good stuff.

http://www1.enduroeng.com/

I would not pay much more than 2K for any smoker of that vintage. A super pristine example (like garage queen) might fetch $2500.