Sign in to follow this  

2012 gncc mods and tips

My boy is going to race alot of the Gnccs next year. His bike has a fmf exhaust and everything else is just bolt on stuff. Really i would like to know what suspention company to go with, what motor mods to go with, and if I should do anything with the flywheel? Let me know any suggestions that might help. Thanks alot. Eastern Ohio here.

Not much in ways of motor mods. Power wise, stock exhaust system is the best. If the track is more open and the rider is always on the limiter, keep the stock exhaust. FMF will be better for tight woods and will have a smoother power delivery (traction). I would look into a HC piston for some added low-mid end torque. Stock cam and valving are good but keep a good eye on clearance. Stock cam gear moves so make sure this is checked. Forget the flywheel weight and go for an auto clutch. When set correctly, it will out perform a flywheel change and keep a quick rev to the motor. You will wounder why you never added it sooner! Make sure the gearing is good for the rider’s weight. This is by far the most overlooked part in set up. "150's are slow" Why, because the gearing is not correct for the rider/power/track! Set suspension on the softer side while keeping the rake the same (raise forks if needed). Tires, tires, and tires! Make sure you have good tires for the traction. Nothing tires a rider quicker than fighting the bike because of lack of traction.

Handlebars are a personal preferences. Make sure the rider feels comfortable on the bike sitting and standing. My son likes wide and tall bars, switching out stock gave him the confidence to attack the track.

Where are you located?