Sign in to follow this  

Someone Explain?

Hey all,

I am a 2 stroke rider always have been always will be.

so question for people who ride 4 strokes because

I have always wanted to know,

Whats the point of dual mufflers???

I don't see the point, someone care to explain.

Looks, honda said it was to balance the bike or something like that but seriously I dont think there is any point to them

There is absolutely no point to it. The only dual silencers does is stick it to the rider by the manufacturer just like everything else 4 stroke. Now if you want an aftermarket exhaust the poor bastard is getting overcharged for a head pipe, mid pipe, silencer and another silencer.

MAX!!!

There is absolutely no point to it. The only dual silencers does is stick it to the rider by the manufacturer just like everything else 4 stroke. Now if you want an aftermarket exhaust the poor bastard is getting overcharged for a head pipe, mid pipe, silencer and another silencer.

MAX!!!

exactly i tried buying a pipe for my bike, was like 600 for a single, dual was 1100!

LOL @ the conspiracy theories. I doubt Honda did this for any other reason but to attract buyers by drawing some attention to their product. If they really wanted to balance the bike they could have just added some weight in certain areas of the bike.

Yea one guy had it right it's an advertising move simply to draw in more buyers...Guys like us, we know it's gay, pointless bullshit, but you have to remember the *average dirt bike consumer guy with way too much $ has no clue and something like that could be the game changer because everyone wants to be "unique".

I would have thought that honda did it strictly for a noise thing.

Two silencers with twice the surface area to absorb sound is better than one?

it's so that regardless of which side you drop the bike on while crossing that 18" stream you're sure to get water in it and get to spend a half hour drying the bike out so it'll run again. it just adds to the consistency of the fun meter!

in the old days, when most of you here were just a sparkle in your dads eye and a six pack in the fridg, you could buy your charger, (or el camino for the trailer crowd) with single exhaust or dual exhaust, a better beathing engine makes more power, exhaust scavaging goes back to the megaphone straight pipes used on rajo overhead valve model "T" race cars. Looks? doubtful, the factory could spend alot less on shiny crap to attract the racoons, too much engineering and material cost to do it for bling.