Sign in to follow this  

New Dash/Computer DRZ-400SM

Hi All,

So I'm contemplating a new dash for my DRZ400SM (08). I'm mainly chasing the tacho and gear indicators along with an hour meter.

That said, my mind is running away with all the features these things seem to offer. These two have DRZ400SM specific variants:

http://www.trailtech.net/vapor.html

http://www.trailtech.net/voyager.html

This one looks cool, but I'm not sure how one goes about fitting it to a DRZ:

http://www.veypor.com/veypor.html

Does anyone have any experience with these computers?

Can you make all of the advertised features work on a DRZ?

What about with respect to build quality and ease of installation and integration with the DRZ?

Cheers

Forgive me if Im wrong but does trailtech have a unit that has both a tach and voltmeter?

I put a koso on my drz and a trailtech on my wifes tw200. I like parts of both. I don't like the 3 modes on the veypor. The koso works fine but its small so the tach is hard to see.

This is the one i have.

http://www.motostrano.com/Koso-DB-01R-Speedometer-p/22100140.htm

The one downside is that to get the N indicator working you need to run a relay. Its looking for 12v and our bikes switch ground. I ran a relay for awhile but now i just dont run an indicator.

Vapor Stealth with the PDA. Not to hard to install or set up, biggest pain is the coolant sensor. No GPI but I don't need one myself...

P1020124.jpg

P1020125.jpg

Very nice setups, the little gear indicator is nicely done as well.

I'll probably just go for a Vapor. I'll leave the Veypor for another project some other time.

Cheers all.

Vapor Stealth with the PDA. Not to hard to install or set up, biggest pain is the coolant sensor. No GPI but I don't need one myself...

P1020124.jpg

P1020125.jpg

Where did you get the key mount from??? I really like that set-up, I will hve to copy that!! I run a Garmin GPS..

Man, I so want the Trail Tech with GPS. I'm too cheap to buy it when my stock dash is still working, but I don't think I could buy anything else.

Can't go wong with the Vapor, great product. The add on indicator lights are to dim, I had to replace them with LED that could be see in the sun. All the info it gives is great, eng temp, outside temp, RPMs, Max RPM, speed, temp & to top it all off the speedo if you calibrate it is very accuate.

DSC07799.jpg

Where did you get the key mount from??? I really like that set-up, I will hve to copy that!! I run a Garmin GPS..
... The add on indicator lights are to dim, I had to replace them with LED that could be see in the sun. All the info it gives is great, eng temp, outside temp, RPMs, Max RPM, speed, temp & to top it all off the speedo if you calibrate it is very accurate.

That's the factory key mount. I like the fact the indicators are dim. I hated riding at night with the high beam on, damn indicator was so bright reflecting off my visor, very distracting and annoying. Speedo accuracy is a big plus as well as the coolant temp and integrated tach. They're easy to install and set up, only wish coolant temp was defalt on startup instead of ambient, then it'd be perfect.

That's the factory key mount. I like the fact the indicators are dim. I hated riding at night with the high beam on, damn indicator was so bright reflecting off my visor, very distracting and annoying. Speedo accuracy is a big plus as well as the coolant temp and integrated tach. They're easy to install and set up, only wish coolant temp was defalt on startup instead of ambient, then it'd be perfect.

I could not stand not see the indicators in the day and having someone pull up next to telling me my turn signals were on. I dont' have that problem now.

i want indiactors that turn off after 30 sec. you nevr need them on for longer and it would eliminate the " crap now they think i'm an idiot " factor :)

i want indiactors that turn off after 30 sec. you nevr need them on for longer and it would eliminate the " crap now they think i'm an idiot " factor :)

I don't think you have to worry about that, now that you dug up this 4 year old thread. :ride:

• Like 2