Sign in to follow this  

Florida Mesa MX park ride report

Went down there yesterday and arrived about 0925. Met Theresa at the front gate and chit chatted about the place and other things she's trying to take care of. Met Ron of Bulldog.

Track:

This is probably as close to a long MX track as possible and I really like it. The Soil is a good consistentancy and there were only 2 spots where if you weren't paying attention the front end would just dive down into a unforgiving sand hole (one is right in the first turn getting on the track and the other is just after a long sweeping left turn in the middle area. There are 2doubles to tabletop that yours truly tried clearing but kept landing on the TT (the landings weren't that hard). There was a youngin' out there (#115) that was clearing both and nobody else so I said it don't look that long. Everything else is pretty easy for the generic rider.

The Kiddie track looked as good as the main track (hard pack though) and it had lots of jumps, turns, whoops, you name it!!. Lots of real youngin's riding that yesterday.

I like it and hope they can make it work.

Open dates are : Dec 3/4, Dec 17/18 (Santa's gonna be there!!)

I will probably make the 17 or 18 date.

Don:thumbsup:

Thanks for the report. We almost went there yesterday but instead drove to Bostwick. I think the kid you saw was Michael Hardin (YZ 450). He is good. He clears the huge table at Bithlo and rides with my son Sean. He tried talking us into going to Mesa instead of going all the way to Bostwick.

I hope they can make it work. We may try it on Dec. 17/18 so let me know if you go.

Mark C

Actually #115 is Nathen Anderson, he was on his yz250 and was killing it this weekend.

Track is definitely coming along.

Yep, he also rode a Kawi 450 and then I saw his butt on a little 65/85 on the PeeWee track and told him he can't ride that on the main track (I was afraid he'd lap me on it:smirk:).

I am planning to go back on the 17th if that day and time the track opens works for me.

Don:thumbsup:

Nathan is one of my riders, I build his Yz's, and the kx he rode was donnies, nates dad is considering one. We have a work day scheduled for this sunday to "pretty up" the track and to mix in some clay in the afore mentioned sandy areas.

R