Sign in to follow this  

08 CRF250R Exhaust??

What is the best exhaust for an 08 crf250r?

Is there a power difference between the dual exhaust and just a single exhaust? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks

personally, i love the duals, lots of sex appeal on em, but iam considering getting a Pro Circuit Ti-4R single system.. I love PC, so thats why iam not even considering Yoshi, FMF, DRD, etc

the duals look badass, but they carry more weight, you'll spend twice as much for repacking, and as being two they cost more.. and IMO there aint any sexy dual system from PC out there, the single Ti-4R is the best option, also powerwise, add up to 5HP

and answering your question, Honda introduced the duals for 06 for being a diferential to other manufacturers, power gains are not much significant as they weight more,( note that honda 450 always had a single pipe, for a reason) so years afterwards honda realized the duals were basically useless, just good looking, but they kept it as a pride thing, and for 2010 went back to single.. i believe the duals have better gas emission distribution, mass distribution (lol) and IMO my 09 sounds the best over any other bike (:

You can do a search on this subject for a lot more information. Personally speaking, I love the look of the dual exhaust. We ran the FMF megabomb fill titanium dual system. I hated the price tag on it but my kid has an FMF sponsorship so the cost was bareable. I refused for the longest time to run a $1300 exhaust system on a dirt bike. But, once that system went on the bike, I rarely heard the rev limiter. It moved the power on the engine to where it was more in the middle to top side without having to over rev the engine to make power. The bottom end had some minor pick up also. There are pro's and con's to all of the exhaust system. The MRD single system's got a lot of positive reviews. Just do a search on the subject and you'll be surprised as to how much information is out there for ths stuff.

I bought a used Yoshi dual on my 09 and I felt the same thing as Charlie C, there is more bottom end power now, I'm not reving it like before, very happy with it. The bike is build to use a dual so why change it??

So if I were to switch to single, would an 06 head pipe fit on it, or did they change things from year to year that would make that not work?

So if I were to switch to single, would an 06 head pipe fit on it, or did they change things from year to year that would make that not work?

yes, a 06 header would fit bolt on. what they changer thru the years were materials and header lenght, but bolt points A and B havent been changed and are in the same place.

:lol:

As long as you stipulate that it's an 06 when you order it, they should bolt right on. If you get a system for and 04 or 05 maybe used, the bolt holes won't lign up. The 04/05 had a different sub frame. 06-09 were the same. There's pleanty out there used that you can get a good deal on.

IMO the PC and Yoshi systems are the best but FMF is good too. I love the dual exhaust personally but it does carry a slight bit more weight.

The dual Yoshis look and sound great! :lol: