Sign in to follow this  

Got a new toy!

I just picked upa new toy for myself. 2011 Six Days XCF-W. :lol: Any upgrades I should put on it for North East Enduro riding?

KTM%2011.JPG

VERY, VERY nice!!! :lol:

If that is the stock seat (hard to tell from the pic), you may want something a little softer. I know the stock seat on my '09 250 XC was like a piece of wood.

VERY, VERY nice!!! :lol:

If that is the stock seat (hard to tell from the pic), you may want something a little softer. I know the stock seat on my '09 250 XC was like a piece of wood.

I am 6.1 and like taller seats for better gripping with knees. You will think that I am crazy, but I prefer EE tall, hard seat :)

I am 6.1 and like taller seats for better gripping with knees. You will think that I am crazy, but I prefer EE tall, hard seat :lol:

I could see the tall seat providing a lot of extra grip, especially for someone 6'1". But the hard seat?? :banghead::)

I could see the tall seat providing a lot of extra grip, especially for someone 6'1". But the hard seat?? :):lol:

I can see tall providing height, but grip???:banghead:

I can see tall providing height, but grip???:lol:

It actually adds a lot of grip!

SXF CDI and jetting, SCOTTS damper, 51T rear sprocket.
I'm a fan fof of bark-busters, and I really enjoy my new scotts damper. Enjoy the new bike. Any reason you did not get a 2012?

I was trying to find SXF CDI and jetting item numbers. Anyone have an idea where to buy those?

I got the 2011 because the dealer gave me a good value for trade in and also lowered the price for a brand new 2011 to $6,500. Not only that, they swapped over my Rekluse, bars, and stabilizer. Highly recommend Ithaca Recreational Sports, NY.

I run the 07 SXF CDI, 08 SXF and XCF were the same so that year would work also.

I tried both and they felt the same.

For some reason I cannot locate CDI in diagrams. Any idea what it is called and what would be the part number?

Also, what jetting should I get?

For some reason I cannot locate CDI in diagrams. Any idea what it is called and what would be the part number?

Also, what jetting should I get?

It's called the CDI unit.

07# 77039031400

08-09 #77039031700

I thought they got the jetting figured out on the newer bikes. How does it run?

(@sea level) I use the Honda NCYR needle 4th position. 175main, 42 pilot, AP linkage wired together with a #80 leak jet. Also have a Power Now in rear of carb.