Sign in to follow this  

Swingarm Play

I just replaced the shock linkage to try to fix the "up n down play" when moving the swingarm and it didnt seem to cure it. Any ideas what I should try next. I know a little play is ok, but when I compare to friends bikes, it has much more play in it than others..

Charlie C what do you think??

Thanks for any ideas

Shock bearing. It's really common. Top of the shock has a bearing that goes bad sooner than most of the other bearings. It could always be something else but that's my best guess without seeing it.

Not CR specific, but inspect your bolts also, have seen cases where the bolt is worn, allowing for some play. Replace all the bearings, spacers, sleeves, etc you want, if you got a sloppy bolt, you'll always have a sloppy fit.

Great advice that I should have added!

The 17 thousand posts give me a pretty good indication that chickenhauler knows a thing or 2!

Great advice that I should have added!

The 17 thousand posts give me a pretty good indication that chickenhauler knows a thing or 2!

I'm just a post whore.:lol:

(see this post if you question that).:)

Nice, I'll remember this when I get lonely!

By your signature at the bottom, you're no idiot my friend, but you do show your age and inellect! I'm pretty quick like that....:lol:

Nice, I'll remember this when I get lonely!

By your signature at the bottom, you're no idiot my friend, but you do show your age and inellect! I'm pretty quick like that....:lol:

I'd love to take credit for that, but it comes from "Batman Begins".:)