Sign in to follow this  

Wow, This is Awesome...

I came around a corner in a trail and this group of Moms, Dads and Kids were crossing a stream of slippery rocks. I pulled out my camera and got some footage... I've been riding these trails for decades and to see kids this young already deep in the mountains... It was such a great feeling...

I actually got a little misty eyed as I spent a good part of my adult life alone or with a few friends in these mountains maintaining, cutting and working on these trails. Man, I felt proud of these kids and their parents. I wondered for years what the future of true Hawaii trail riders would be... I wonder no more... The trail cutting torch has been passed and there are more good trail cutters out there making great stuff. One of the good trail cutters is helping his sons bike across the stream... The future is lookin good... :lol:

http://vimeo.com/32405002

• Like 1

THAT IS AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That kid and mom with the 50 Honda are the best thing ive seen here in a long time.. WOW I ride with my 11 yr old who just this past weekend rode the BIG trail start to finnish I was sooooo proud. He went up some hills that adults have to think twice about he just pointed and pinned it This goes to show that our sport is ALIVE AND WELL. Thanks for the Vid man you just made my Whole week.........

Great work, good to see this kind of enthusiasm for the sport from both the parents and kids. :lol:

Great video. To me, these kind of videos with families and friends going out and having some fun and exploring are the best out there.

Ok, that is just awesome.

Beats spending time with the kids in front of a TV.

Great vid. Nice to see the family out!! Not as dramatic! But here is a vid of myself, My father and my 6yr old son. Out with my good freind.

Not anything hard. But at least Out with the family! LOL>

Incase its not Easy to tell?? The boy has the cam on and Im on the CRF450R and Gramps is on the XR.

I'm just happy to see all of them wearing quality boots and proper protection. Most people skip on the right stuff when they have to fit the whole family in on it. They are all wearing a-stars and the kid on the 50 has on a leatt. SWEET

Did you see the Terrain they were going through?? Good protection was a must I think? LOL.

I came around a corner in a trail and this group of Moms, Dads and Kids were crossing a stream of slippery rocks. I pulled out my camera and got some footage... I've been riding these trails for decades and to see kids this young already deep in the mountains... It was such a great feeling...

I actually got a little misty eyed as I spent a good part of my adult life alone or with a few friends in these mountains maintaining, cutting and working on these trails. Man, I felt proud of these kids and their parents. I wondered for years what the future of true Hawaii trail riders would be... I wonder no more... The trail cutting torch has been passed and there are more good trail cutters out there making great stuff. One of the good trail cutters is helping his sons bike across the stream... The future is lookin good... :lol:

http://vimeo.com/32405002

Awesome vid torture!!! It doesn't get better than that.

I usually skip threads with titles like this. They too often don't live up to the name.

This is a huge exception. That IS an awesome video. Thanks for sharing it!

Warms my heart:thumbsup:

...I ride with my 11 yr old who just this past weekend rode the BIG trail start to finnish I was sooooo proud. He went up some hills that adults have to think twice about he just pointed and pinned it This goes to show that our sport is ALIVE AND WELL. Thanks for the Vid man you just made my Whole week.........

I remember times like that with my old man.

You guys are very welcome for this... To this day the best video I have ever shot... Something about the raw moment of a Mom teaching her kid how to cross a slippery river bed... Pointing out lines etc. Seriously, this kinda s**t is priceless.

Also, the boy on the KX. He's gonna be an animal in the nasties when he grows up. These kids were having a blast and you can tell... They were in adventure Heaven. Here in Hawaii the trend is to making trails more and more difficult to challenge ourselves and each other. I heard that kid rides a lot of the gnarly trails already. By the time these kids grow up, can you imagine the ridiculous stuff they will be cutting?!! They gonna be punishing us old farts!