Sign in to follow this  

Have $ to rent your dirt bike in San Diego!

Hi everyone, I am looking to rent someones dirt bike(MX) in San Diego from Jan 5-15th because I am vistiting my brother who lives there and does not have an extra bike. I plan on riding about 4 days, and do not want to rent from a company because of the high price and the hassel of picking up/dropping off the bike on the days I ride. I have cash in hand, and maybe we can figure out sometihng in collateral so you know I wont just run off with your bike. And/or if your bike needs new tires, brakes, bars, parts, etc. we can work that out for you that I can put brand new ones on for you as part of the deal plus $. At best, if you have an extra practice bike or something and you can come riding with us so you know im not abusing your bike or anything, and also have some more people to ride with! Please let me know if you have a later model motocross bike that you are willing to rent for 10 days for some extra CASH! PM me if needed for more details and I can provide you with my phone number.

-Vince

Somebody on here the other day said Chaparral Motorsports rents dirt bikes in Ca.

thanks,but i looked it up and it's at least $130-150/day to rent, plus I would have to drive over an hour each way to pickup/drop off each day of riding.

thanks for the advice tho man

im looking to give someone some extra cash if they are looking for any after the holidays!

where ya lookin to be riding down there? Lots of places

Perris, pala, milestone, and ocotillo...do you, or anybody you know have a bike they are willing to rent out? let me know!

Perris, pala, milestone, and ocotillo...do you, or anybody you know have a bike they are willing to rent out? let me know!

I dont know i wouldnt rent my dirt bike out unless it was worth almost nothing or i knew the person extremely well. What if you crash hard on it at one of the tracks and break some stuff on it(Pipe, seize it, something that would cost big bucks to fix). Also there is way to many thieves in the world now adays (I am not calling you one). Someone "rents" your dirt bike and you never hear from them again

I dont know i wouldnt rent my dirt bike out unless it was worth almost nothing or i knew the person extremely well. What if you crash hard on it at one of the tracks and break some stuff on it(Pipe, seize it, something that would cost big bucks to fix). Also there is way to many thieves in the world now adays (I am not calling you one). Someone "rents" your dirt bike and you never hear from them again

X2, you'd have to be insane to rent your bike out to some random guy. Hell, if you're too cheap to pay $130-$150/day then you probably shouldn't be renting a bike period. Some people service their bike after every ride, which could cost easily cost $20-$30 in just chemicals, plus tire wear, etc. I would never rent my bike to anyone unless it was forever, and for it's full market price.

I live about 6 hours north of San Diego. Not really worth the trip up to get it but if you were riding up here or take a trip to Hollister PM me.

I completely understand what you guys are sayin about maintanence and trusting someone to rent their bike. thats why i would give money plus tires, parts etc that i listed above and give something in collateral, such as a car so they know i wont take a $3,000 bike over a $12,000 car. And also a copy of my drivers license/military id so I can be easily turned into authorities if I were to "steal it". I knew this would be a long shot asking to rent someones bike, but someone is always hurting for some extra cash, thats why im trying

I think that if you were to leave a car worth $12 large with someone and signed a bill of sale that would take effect like the day after you were supposed to return the bike (or something to that effect) the renter wouldn't be taking much of a risk. Obviously some other arrangement would need to be made for any parts that may break beyond normal wear and tear, but it seems like you are trying to be very reasonable. If I were in the area I would be interested in trying to work out a deal.

look on craigslist for a bike and work a deal with a guy who has it for sale for a while. then re sell on craiglist. 130$ a day to rent is cheap compared to bringing your own bike.

I'm trying to be as fair as possible so the owner knows im not gonna run off with a $3k bike...but yea, i've been lookin on craigslist for bikes, and probably going to have to wire my brother money to buy a bike for me, then he can resale it once i leave. That way, I will basically break even if not, even possibbly make a couple hundred bucks if i find a good deal and resale it for higher

Are you the same guy that was asking about shipping a bike out to ride while visiting your bro? Don't know how financially well off you are but how about having your brother look for a used bike you can buy while out here and have it shipped back or have your brother store it until you can transport it later? Just throwing it out there. Like I said earlier, I'd love to help you out if you were closer to the central California area

Are you the same guy that was asking about shipping a bike out to ride while visiting your bro? Don't know how financially well off you are but how about having your brother look for a used bike you can buy while out here and have it shipped back or have your brother store it until you can transport it later? Just throwing it out there. Like I said earlier, I'd love to help you out if you were closer to the central California area

Yea haha I'm the same guy that asked about shipping one of my dirt bikes out there to visit my bro... He's taking a look at a bike for me today, so I'll prob. just send him money to pick me one up, then re-sale it once I leave... it's crazy, bikes are so much more money there than they are in PA haha

Yea haha I'm the same guy that asked about shipping one of my dirt bikes out there to visit my bro... He's taking a look at a bike for me today, so I'll prob. just send him money to pick me one up, then re-sale it once I leave... it's crazy, bikes are so much more money there than they are in PA haha

Now that is a good idea, i probably wouldnt have thought of it :lol:

send me a private mess with dates. I have a 2002 426f maybe we can work something out. Iam located 20min east of down town san diego.

no thanks, but i appreciate it... if you or anybody else you know has a 06 or newer 250/450f let me know

no thanks, but i appreciate it... if you or anybody else you know has a 06 or newer 250/450f let me know

Did you have a brand preference? Type of tire you like most?

Did you have a brand preference? Type of tire you like most?

LOL!!! Sarcasm at its finest! :lol:

Edited by NorCal