Sign in to follow this  

Crash damage

I've been out of comission since my Halloween night collision with a downed oak tree. I was chasing my buddy on my quad on a forest trail when I came around a blind corner and ran into some branches that had been cut off with a chain saw, driving one of them into my leg just above my boot.

I thought I would share a couple of shots, but they are a little gruesome. The broken fibula will heal on its own, but I might need a skin graft or two.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/yammerhammer98/

P1010005.jpg

Hahah wow man, same thing happened to my leg, I was riding old trails that haven't been used in years and I got a 11/2" tree branch stuck in my leg, I had to pull it out and it poured blood, so I just wrapped my sock around it, and had to be picked up by my buddys in a truck, not fun, I feel for yeah

Yeah, I can limp around. No cast, but my ankle still hurts like a bitch. Fox boot saved my ankle, Answer over pants kept the branch from digging into my skin. It didn't even leave a mark on the nylon pants!

A real commercial for the right gear.

thats nasty bro

take care mate dont rush youll be back on ya bike in no time

just bad luck bud , least you were rideing hard when you done it lol

I was thinking I was going to see bike damage....this is way cooler! All and all, gear did its job and then some by the description you gave. good for you for wearing the gear. who knows what would of happened without the stuff? think of that when your banging gears soon!

Tom