Sign in to follow this  

XR75 to XR100 Conversion problem

I put a 2000 model XR100 engine on a 76 model XR75 frame which everything seems to have fit nicely with one exception which is the peacock valve. When I tried to put it back on the engine head is in the way. Has anyone had this problem or any solutions to this problem? I also wanted to note the carb that came with the engine was missing a pilot jet so I took one out of a Klein KX75 carb and put in it, will this work? These appear to be the only issues standing in the way of this being completed and any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Scotty

Can you take a pic. I ran a 75/76 tank on one mine with no problem with the petcock.

I've been up all night putting the finishing touches on it and I think I solved that problem. I just slid the tank back a little bit. That was hard because I have all the electronics and coil etc for the 2000 XR100 engine shoved up under it not really very organized but couldn't find another way to make it fit. I would like to ask you another question though. This engine was drained of oil and hasn't had any in it in awhile so I hope that's a factor. But the gear shift seems pretty hard to operate and doesn't appear to come back into position. Keep in mind the last time I played with motorcycles I was 12 and the XR75 had just came out. That's why I bought this one to restore because I always wanted one. Once the oils in do you think that will take care of the problem? I loosened the bolts that hold the clutch springs in so the clutch would engage correctly and the gear spring just below it didn't really look like it was on correctly yet I couldn't find another way to do it. I'm operating from memory with no manual so I'm unclear on these things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Scotty

If there are no issues with the tranny it should be fine. While putting these motors together I shift the trannys with just a smidge of oil and they will still shift, Although, sometimes they will feel notchy. When you drain the oil, there will aways be a coating of oil on them to keep them good. Unless the motors have been left in the rain or something.

I'm fine tuning it today in hopes that everythings going to work out ok. Here's a couple of pictures of it for you. I'm probably going to list it on ebay as soon as I make sure everything's ok and was wondering if you had any idea as to what kind of price I should ask? I'm also going to include some other things with it when I sell it including the original XR75 motor that came with it. It runs and has been completely reworked, new pistons, bored, and cleaned up completely. The other items will be: An extra muffler similar to the one on this one, the tree and front forks from an XR100 as well as the swingarm, and all of the original parts that were ok but I replaced them with new parts. They range from throttles, cables. a rim, shocks, and a turtle suspension kit I never used. As for this one you can see most of the extras and the engine is a very low hour 2000 model XR100 motor with the klien carb. It's about as restored as one can get and I've seen them go from 1500 to 4500 for the bikes alone. I just need an idea of what I may can get for the bike and all those parts if anyone wants to guess. Pictures follow