Sign in to follow this  

helmet cams

There's no real difference in quality..

.. but size/shape are a factor. I like the side-mount capability and included goggle mount with the Contour, but the GoPro for mounted-to-bike video (I have both).

If you're going to buy just one, then possibly the GoPro for being lighter and the mounts being much cheaper. The contour does not let you select recording mode - it has one button - high and low - that can be programmed in advance via computer to select between two formats, where as the GoPro is actually programmed completely thru the LCD user interface. Honestly I set them up in advance and only use one format (720p @ 30 or 60 fps) so that is not an issue for me.

From the Contour this weekend:

..a

Video on the Contour looks like it's somewhat prone to shock jiggles. Lotta bouncing compared to the GoPro. Did you have a slightly loose mount maybe?

And by the way, that looks like a hella fast track/trail you have there. Could have some real giggles there on a 450.

Someone more skilled than I, for sure. First time on a dirt bike in 30 years, and never on terrain like that before..

..a