Help with DRZ 400 SM Fork Seals??

Hey dudes, im about to begin replacing my front fork seals in my 05 drz 400 sm. Im a newbie and have a couple of questions for anyone experienced with replacing fork seals.. Ok, first of of all, is it completely necessary to change the inner fork oil??? and where can i find the inner fork cap wrench tool to remove this? Ive searched all over the internet for this tool and cannot find it specifically made for the drz 400 sm. Also, what size is the inner octagon on the inner fork cap? Does anyone know how to make your own tool to remove it? Thanks guys.

P.S... I know that i should not be doing this job myself for the first time, but i love the challenge and want to learn. Ive watched step by step youtube videos on how to change fork seals in dual chamber forks. Plus, I do not trust any mechanic except myself with my baby. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I'm not 100%sure as its been a while since I serviced my forks but I think its a six point socket for the inner cartridge. Not sure what size. You can also use an open ended spanner on the two flat sides I think.. But you will need the eight point tool (50mm ? ) for the outer cartridge

Yes noble, unfotunately i did try to clean them, except my dumbass self tried using a regular credit card to swipe the seal, which ended up either folding the seal or cracked it and oil started gushing out. Of course a day later, i was looking for the tools and came across the motion pro seal cleaner and was about ready to shoot myself after figuring out that i could have avoided all of this mess with just purchasing a $5 seal cleaner. But I lived and learned and now im just trying to get my bike back on the road asap. And thanks Spokis for the tips!