Sign in to follow this  

New-to-me 450 EXC-G

It has been a painful journey (as is every new purchase for me) with lots of research and trying to make up my mind what I wanted. I really, really wanted a new Husaberg but it just wasn't in the cards right now (wife), so we both compromised and I picked up my new/used 2003 450 EXC-G tonight. Mainly I wanted something to ride with my son since he just got a CRF 70 for his birthday. I didn't want to get something that I would outgrow or have to work on all the time (I don't mind maintenance), so when I saw this I decided it was a good fit.

The bike is really clean and appears to have been well maintained. The owner had a couple other KTMs in the garage so I figure he knows how to take care of them. I only rode it around for a little bit and all seemed well, and after talking to him for a bit I decided to go for it. Time will tell I suppose, but the price seemed fair (I looked it up) and like I said it didnt' seem to have had an abused life. Anyway, just wanted to share!

PS- I was able to find the service manual, but I don't have and couldn't find the owners manual online. I read that it can be downloaded by the dealer, but if anyone knows where to get it online I would appreciate it. Thanks.

You can use any owners manual from 2003 to 2007, the important stuff is the same anyway. The tripmaster computer and the switch is a bit tricky to set up without a manual though.

Pics :lol: Pics & more Pics...I grew up on Life magazine so you know where my reading level is:smirk: Oh yeah and Playboy too and as we all know, that improved our vocabulary immensely:crazy:

Edited by CanTurn
Additions

I bought the same bike '03 a year ago and the only problem I have run into is the float in the carb is sticking. Great bike though. Let me know if you need any specific pages of the manual.I can scan and email to you. My seller fortunatly gave me every manual that came with it. I have added the brake light switch and horn.

I bought the same bike '03 a year ago and the only problem I have run into is the float in the carb is sticking. Great bike though. Let me know if you need any specific pages of the manual.I can scan and email to you. My seller fortunatly gave me every manual that came with it. I have added the brake light switch and horn.

Hey thanks! I have the manual from an '07 but the computer stuff is different, if you do have a chance I could use those pages. I can't seem to figure out what all 3 buttons do. I am sure I could given enough time, but it sure would make it easier to have the manual!

I will get some pics, I am pretty excited about it because it seems to be in great shape in my eyes. I initially was avoiding used bikes because I had in my mind that a lot of people abuse them, but this one looks amazing and runs great. Time will tell I suppose, but I got a good vibe from the seller and he has a couple other KTMs, so he knows how to take care of them. The others looked just as good. Now if the weather would just clear up a bit so I could ride it some... I don't mind getting it dirty of course but washing it this time of year would not be fun, and it is going to get worse before it gets better.