Sign in to follow this  

what to do on my week off?

Well I have a week off here soon and want to work on the Z a little. I want to get into the jetting. From all the thread searching I see to get the jd kit. I'll do the 3x3 of course but I'll be keeping the stock exhaust just completely uncorking the tip. I'm in south central PA so looks like the setup up should be blue needle clip 4, stock pilot, 2.5-2.75 turns on extended screw, and 155 main. Sound like the ticket?

I'll also be adding led turn signals from custom dynamics.

You can also do the Loctite fixes, grease the swingarm/steering head bearings, and do the Free power mod. All for very little to no cost.

my uncorked stock exhaust runs great with a 155 main! i have the dynojet kit so i cant comment on the needle position. im at 1000 ft.

Well I have a week off here soon and want to work on the Z a little. I want to get into the jetting. From all the thread searching I see to get the jd kit. I'll do the 3x3 of course but I'll be keeping the stock exhaust just completely uncorking the tip. I'm in south central PA so looks like the setup up should be blue needle clip 4, stock pilot, 2.5-2.75 turns on extended screw, and 155 main. Sound like the ticket?

I'll also be adding led turn signals from custom dynamics.

Your researched jetting should work...may need to go clip 3 in Summer..

You can also do the Loctite fixes, grease the swingarm/steering head bearings, and do the Free power mod. All for very little to no cost.

always a good idea.:lol:

I'll be doing mine shortly over winter.

I hate wisconsin winters:banghead::)

I may get into greasing and loctite but not sure. Prob hold off on that till beginning of the year. I just wanted a little more noise from the exhaust but not to much. I have a ltz400 quad with a Yoshi exhaust and wow it barks. I can tell after I took the end cap off that no performance would be gained. The holes in the muffler are the same size as the tip. Prob woulnt even be a sound difference.