Sign in to follow this  

Lets see some yamaha 125 and 250 2 strokes in the woods!

Hey guys i just wanted to post up this thread to check out some videos of your yz250s and 125s too. But im thinking of going to back to the yz250 and i just wanted to see how your bikes do in the woods.

I just want to see how they do in the bottom end and stuff. But post away im really excited to see some videos of you guys.

Anything in the woods, singletrck etc, etc. You doing woods races, etc etc

Also if you guys want post your set up too

thanks guys and god bless

Alex

Hey guys i just wanted to post up this thread to check out some videos of your yz250s and 125s too. But im thinking of going to back to the yz250 and i just wanted to see how your bikes do in the woods.

I just want to see how they do in the bottom end and stuff. But post away im really excited to see some videos of you guys.

Anything in the woods, singletrck etc, etc. You doing woods races, etc etc

Also if you guys want post your set up too

thanks guys and god bless

Alex

They do great in the woods! No video needed! How about a pic?

awesome001.jpg

• Like 1

They do great in the woods! No video needed! How about a pic?

awesome001.jpg

Yeah buddy!!!! Keep all the pics and videos coming. Lets turn this thread into a great one haha:thumbsup:

This is some tighter stuff but not the tightest we have. Greasy slick too... Love the bike for these conditions... I'm riding Thanksgiving day and I'll see if I can get more footage of some really tight trail...

http://vimeo.com/32108257

Sweet man!!!!! Keep the vids coming!!!!!And those are some really tight trails. And good riding man!!!:lol::banana::)

Lets keep the thread going hahahaha:thumbsup:

Here are a few from earlier this month in WV. For the record, I *love* my yz 250 smoker for woods use. It's ideal for the type of riding I do (or try to do as you can see from the vids). :lol:

Oh, my setup is this: 2004 yz 250 smoker. FMF Gnarly and Qbomb silencer. Full guards (barkbusters, pipe guard, real skid plate, etc); Suspension revalved for low speed, rocky, technical WV singletrack (done by Noleen in CA); stock motor. Trials tire on rear. Steering stabilizer. I think that's it. This bike is ideal for the type of riding we do here and I'm a small-ish guy at 5'7" and 155 so I need a lightweight bike. So no thumpers for me in the woods.

here's a video of my 2001 yz 125 from last year I have a few more on my channel but I have no sound. I now race a 2007 yz 250 in harescrambles. once it gets fixed I'll get some footage up. until then check these out

Oh, my setup is this: 2004 yz 250 smoker. FMF Gnarly and Qbomb silencer. Full guards (barkbusters, pipe guard, real skid plate, etc); Suspension revalved for low speed, rocky, technical WV singletrack (done by Noleen in CA); stock motor. Trials tire on rear. Steering stabilizer. I think that's it. This bike is ideal for the type of riding we do here and I'm a small-ish guy at 5'7" and 155 so I need a lightweight bike. So no thumpers for me in the woods.

Thanks for sharing and good riding!!!!! And how do you like your gnarly in the woods? And how was jetting?

Keep the vids coming :lol:

here's a video of my 2001 yz 125 from last year I have a few more on my channel but I have no sound. I now race a 2007 yz 250 in harescrambles. once it gets fixed I'll get some footage up. until then check these out

Awesome riding man! And thanks for sharing but when you think your gone post up your vids of you 250? I'm really excited to see.it hahaha

Keep em.coming!

The gnarly is a very good woods pipe. Gives the yz a very good bottom end pull and it's less "pipey" than a stock pipe, so it's good on slimey, rooted, nasty hills.

Jetting: 178 main, and I forget what the pilot is although I should know since I changed it about 800 times in Colorado in September. 48 maybe? And the clip is set in the second slot down from the top. Sometimes I run it on the very top slot and the bike gets very good mileage that way. But I have a huge, 3.9 gal Clarke tank so.... not an issue for me anymore.

IMHO, if you're thinking of getting a yz 250 for woods use, you can not go wrong. I would tell you to kick down the $ on suspension valving if you ride tight technical stuff like we do. Aside from that, just have at it. The bike is very good for that application.

The gnarly is a very good woods pipe. Gives the yz a very good bottom end pull and it's less "pipey" than a stock pipe, so it's good on slimey, rooted, nasty hills.

Jetting: 178 main, and I forget what the pilot is although I should know since I changed it about 800 times in Colorado in September. 48 maybe? And the clip is set in the second slot down from the top. Sometimes I run it on the very top slot and the bike gets very good mileage that way. But I have a huge, 3.9 gal Clarke tank so.... not an issue for me anymore.

IMHO, if you're thinking of getting a yz 250 for woods use, you can not go wrong. I would tell you to kick down the $ on suspension valving if you ride tight technical stuff like we do. Aside from that, just have at it. The bike is very good for that application.

to

To tell you the truth I had a 07 yz250 but I sold.it because the bike was raced and had problems but when I would hot the throttle from like an idle the bike would.bog and nearly die or then hit the powerband. And I have a 450 but I'm thinking of selling it and getting another smoker but I'm worried.about regreting.

I rode an rm with a gnarly but it seemed like there was no top end or hit. I like the torque but I like the bike to peppy hahaha. Just my style. But is that how.all smokers are? My bike when I hit the throttle.it wouldn't pull, it would bog. Now when.I put my.new pipe.on it pulled a wheelie off the idle but later in the months.its started to.bog when the weather got cold. Do the yzs have quick throttle.response?

My bike has crisp throttle response and I'm never sitting there thinking "gee whiz, I sure wish this yz 250 was faster or would wheelie easier." Uhm, no. I'm 43, have been riding for decades, and the bike is better than I am in every conceivable way.

The key is getting the jetting right but it's very easy to do. Changing the jetting is super easy, too. This site will provide all the info you need to get your bike done right. I see you are in PA. I'm in WV. Here, our elevation is around 800 feet. Find out what your elevation is where you ride, then get on here and post up in the section dedicated to your bike. Someone will have already done all of the trial and error work way before you and will give you solid info, I'm sure. If you get a "modern" 250 smoker, and it has a fresh top end and is jetted and piped correctly for the type of riding you want to do, you will be just fine and will have a blast.

theres a race from last year. don't worry, i have improved alot since then and now ride a yz 250 in b class where I can usually pull off a 2nd or third

theres a race from last year. don't worry, i have improved alot since then and now ride a yz 250 in b class where I can usually pull off a 2nd or third

Awesome video man!!!!! Btw does the video have sound? I was just curious. But awesome riding and your fast too all of you are.

Keep up the good work and like I said keep the videos coming. And this thread is going great lets keep it up!!