Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Dungey: inside the moto

Just caught the replay of Dungey's bike not starting and the race starting without him and the emotions of it all. Then pulled off 7th in the slop. Extra respect for keeping his head in the game.

Couldn't imagine what I would feel watching the gate start without me.

Dungey had some mental hiccups with aggression this year and some bad luck to add but..........hoping he brings his A+ game as the others will.

What an incredible outdoor season to top the last sx season. Can only hope we're as lucky to have the same or even better coming up this year. The talent this year in 250 and 450 classes is long. No two, three riders........it's now 6+ that will be a threat for victory. The 250 class is getting really tense and serious!!! Ton's of pressure for that gate.

i feel like after jimmy decotis pulled the holeshot at unadilla he proved to some people hes progressing and i think next year he could be a serious contender hopefully, iv seen him at local tracks and its crazy fast, i didnt get to watch tonights episode how was it?

tonights episode was pretty cool I believe steel city and they showed Wilson clinching the championship. Also showed when Villopoto passed dungey last lap last turn, villopoto talking about how he would have felt if someone did that to him. Also lots of talk about foreigners. How Rattray declined a offer to race in his country that was double what mitch would have payed.

I am impressed with the respect villapoto and dungey show to each other, It shows great maturity on their part. In fact, a drama queen free season, it was really great to watch.

I've fallen behind in watching "Inside the Outdoors", so with my library already stuffed to near capacity, I watch one then erase it.

But after watching the "Southwick" episode, I just sat there with my jaw dropped. There was absolutely no way I was erasing that episode!!! Maniac

The Moto: Inside the outdoors really does put the outdoors Moto season in respective. If for some reason people didn’t really understand what these guys go through physically and mentally they do now. The story about short and his baby was crazy. I could not imagine having to get on that starting line with my son in surgery. R E S P E C T goes to all of these guys! :lol:

I am impressed with the respect villapoto and dungey show to each other, It shows great maturity on their part. In fact, a drama queen free season, it was really great to watch.

Much of that respect (i think) is based on the fact that one is a little bit faster than the other. They just don't come together too often and really bang bars.

Its nice... but a little boring.

I prefer the hate/hate relationship that stewart and reed used to have. It made for some really aggressive riding.

Dungey roosting his mom and throngs of people as he came around the gate was epic........He was a man enraged and possesed.

Ya he rode like a madman at that race. After that race he just didn't have anything for RV. Too close to the end and too many points to make up kinda took his head out of it.

If Freestone hadn't happened, it was his title. That's racing, though...

ya the episode gave me goose bumps. Maybe well see more of the fire next year. It was nice hearing his frustration with Barcia. He also put that pass on Villo that sent him into the soft stuff. he is eager and you gotta like seeing him progress. Im such a fan of all of them. I dont know who i want to win more in the top 5 for supercross.

Im such a fan of all of them. I dont know who i want to win more in the top 5 for supercross.

Same boat here. Like RD as a guy, and his super smooth riding style, but love the charge and do anything to win attitude in guys like Reed, JS, and RV.... In the end we all win, it's going to be two great series this year (SX/MX). Can't wait.

MD

when dunge pulled onto the track and rounded the first corner i got the goosebumps and still get them everytime i see that. it was so awesome watching him come through the pack like that. he was goin for it i love seeing that out of him. hes always just a little to quiet on the bike but seeing him going for it like that was absolutely awesome. much respect

when dunge pulled onto the track and rounded the first corner i got the goosebumps and still get them everytime i see that. it was so awesome watching him come through the pack like that. he was goin for it i love seeing that out of him. hes always just a little to quiet on the bike but seeing him going for it like that was absolutely awesome. much respect

x 2 :lol:

Same here, I wish he would ride with that attitude from the start of the series'

Just caught the replay of Dungey's bike not starting and the race starting without him and the emotions of it all. Then pulled off 7th in the slop. Extra respect for keeping his head in the game.

Couldn't imagine what I would feel watching the gate start without me.

Dungey had some mental hiccups with aggression this year and some bad luck to add but..........hoping he brings his A+ game as the others will.

What an incredible outdoor season to top the last sx season. Can only hope we're as lucky to have the same or even better coming up this year. The talent this year in 250 and 450 classes is long. No two, three riders........it's now 6+ that will be a threat for victory. The 250 class is getting really tense and serious!!! Ton's of pressure for that gate.

I was at the southwick national this year and seeing the gate drop while dungey was in the background flipping out was super nerve racking, but once they ran the bike down the hill to him and to see him blast outta the gate on fire, gave me goose bumps, and to pass that many guys and to get 3rd overall was incredible, Dungey is the best.

Two things no one showed about Dungey at Southwick: Ryan flipping off the 30 second board timing guy when the board turned sideways and listening to the Southwick crowd cheering him around the whole track his first couple laps. The cheering gave me the goosebumps.

On the Steel City episode its funny to hear Dean Wilsons father say he had to stop going to the race because Deano hearing him say he could have been a little better hear and there only took away from his confidence. When I hear things like that I can only thing about Tony Alessi. Adamitas hits on this point in the Mt Morris episode when he says Tony tells Mike the facts but Mike only hears the dissapointment in his father.

Adamitas hits on this point in the Mt Morris episode when he says Tony tells Mike the facts but Mike only hears the dissapointment in his father.

frequently it's not what you say but how you say it.

tony's a dick, and only holds mike back imho.

frequently it's not what you say but how you say it.

tony's a dick, and only holds mike back imho.

Mike hasn't done jack sh!t since Tony eased up on him with the KTM team.

Its probably hard to separate the father/manager thing, but sometimes, some of these kids need a foot in their ass!

Its a father/son dynamic that many won't understand. The fact that we are even mentioning them or know about it is because they've had some success.

I don't envy the father or the son.