Sign in to follow this  

Air box mod questions

Hey guys I wanted to delete my air box and run just a filter was thinking it will give me alot more air now my question is for jetting not sure what to run?main jet or pilot? I also know the filter will be vulnerable to water but I ride the bike in a parking lot doing wheelies and stunting so dosent see much dirt and water. Also with thos mod power wise would you notice a little mor snap from the motor? Everything is stock except for drilling out the fuel to air plug.

If I were you I would just cut the top of the air box. Run a 110 Main, 17.5 pilot, shim your needle a bit and start your fuel screw at 2 turns out. You will see considerable increase in power (or maybe you just think you have more power cause you can hear the engine sucking air??)

I have never been able to get one of these bikes to run well with just a pod filter.

If your stunting in a parking lot why do you need more power? I always loved stunting an F4i cause the throttle was so mushy, much more forgiving than my 900...

riderslevi.GIF

Edited by levic900rr

If I do a seat stander and jump to spreader and drop from balance point I dont have the power to bring it back up im talking doing it in 4th so its week up there. So when I cut the top off I really just cut the whole top of the air box off? Leave

door or remove as well?

You will see a channel in the mold of the top of the air box, it almost looks like a knock out. Use a razor knife and cut along that line. The hole will end up being about 4" X 3" and throw the snorkle out.

As for your stander to spreader...

You need a hand rear brake. That way you can rock the thing way over backwards before the transition.

Yeah I have a handbrake im also on the stuntride and and stuntlife fourms ive stunted fda lot of things just trying to set this little guy up.i really want to make a 12 bar just not sure how to mount it to the back of the bike