Sign in to follow this  

Motocross pros wearing something ive never seen

what is the strap pros wear under there jersey that goes around the neck and both shoulders? and what does it do? is looks like a thin rubber strap

I believe what you're seeing is the straps that secure the Alpinstar neck brace. Those straps hook on to the outside of the neck brace to keep it from shifting around. I own this neck brace and use the straps. You don't notice so much they're on until you take off the brace.

ya and whats up with taping their nipples do they like chafe

Between under-jersey chest pros,polyestor jerseys, and x straps nips get sensitive so they tape them lol

Yeap that's exactly why. My buddy once got home after riding and had forgotten to pull the tape off of his nipples. As he was changing while talking to his brand new girlfriend she looked confused after he removed his shirt. He saw her concerned look and then looked down to see his silvery duct taped pointers and before he could explain about the chafing that happens she said "no-no, I really don't want to know" lol.

Between under-jersey chest pros,polyestor jerseys, and x straps nips get sensitive so they tape them lol

Been waiting to see RV sporting a pair of these :lol:

gold_pasties.jpg

• Like 3

I wondered what that strap was for as well? X-straps for a neck brace makes sense, I ussumed it was a heart rate monitor or something like that. I know never assume...

there is funny pics out there of distance runners with bloody nipples from running and there shirts rubbing on them.. haha ouch. i ware a tshirt under my jersey and neck brace straps help keep ur jersy or shirt from rubbing ur nips raw too :lol:

That happened to me last year for the first time. Feels like stinging needles in your nips.

I wondered what that strap was for as well? X-straps for a neck brace makes sense, I ussumed it was a heart rate monitor or something like that. I know never assume...

I'm not so sure it's for neck braces. Leatt does not show anything like that available, and the straps appear under the jersey, and the neck braces rest on top. Can't think of what else it would be used for. If it is for neck braces, anyone know where to buy one?

Yeap that's exactly why. My buddy once got home after riding and had forgotten to pull the tape off of his nipples. As he was changing while talking to his brand new girlfriend she looked confused after he removed his shirt. He saw her concerned look and then looked down to see his silvery duct taped pointers and before he could explain about the chafing that happens she said "no-no, I really don't want to know" lol.

that's funny right there. :lol: