Sign in to follow this  

2t smokeless oil for indoor racing

today i used the lucas semi syn 36:1 but smoke still comes out and i know all 2t and 2smoke.. So my question is what oil can i mix that would give the less smoke. Racing indoors friday and they want smokeless 2 strokes. How do i do that lol I dont want to get disqualified btw im riding a yz 125:ride:

if you have to mix it to 40:1 it wont hurt it to do this for one race....

sorry for minor jack - so if a properly jetted 2smoker doesnt smoke, then does smoke indicate jetting is too rich or too lean?

sorry for minor jack - so if a properly jetted 2smoker doesnt smoke, then does smoke indicate jetting is too rich or too lean?

That's assuming the entire engine is fresh and tight. Then properly jetted, it will smoke very little once warmed up.

But don't use the smoke as a guide to your jetting.

Lol its cool im trying to take in as much info as i can :lol:

That's assuming the entire engine is fresh and tight. Then properly jetted, it will smoke very little once warmed up.

But don't use the smoke as a guide to your jetting.

:lol:

Too rich dude

Not quite that simple

is your top end fresh? Is it spooging at all? Usually, the manufacturer of the oil will tell you how to mix it. Follow their instructions.

I raced with my oil at 50:1 like it said on the bottle and didn't get any excessive smoke and very little spooge. You gotta dig into it to figure out what's going on.

Assuming acceptable engine condition, jetting causes smoking so leave your ratio alone and learn to jet. I ran my YZ125 at 24:1 and after the engine was up to temp it didn't smoke at all.

PS next time use the search function.