Sign in to follow this  

2011 backfire screen

I've got an 2011 with about an hour on it, when i cleaned my filter i decided to remove the backfire screen like I did on my 08, didn't notice a difference back then but I thought surely it can't make the 2011 run worse. But then reading on here people say remove the screen then remap afterwards. Is it going to run worse than with the screen in there if I don't remap?

I thought these motocross bikes didn't have backfire screens??...that's why they technically aren't legal if you ride in the national/state forest. I have been meaning to get one for my '12 so I don't get busted one of these days.

Hes talking about the screen on the airfilter, you are thinking about a spark arrestor for the muffler

.25 of a horsepower is a good gain for the 10 minutes it takes to remove it and remapping it you can get some more power too. I did it. Works great. Remap for sure, Remap that bike even if you dont wanna remove the screen, the stock map is shitty.

I removed the screen, hard to say if it was running better/worse seeing as it was a sand track I rode. All I know is i need more power off the bottem. Was a bit annoying laying it over into a corner, grabbing a fistfull of throttle and getting nothing.

Ya, the bottom is soft, air4orce with the short stack, 50 tooth rear sprocket, get a remap, it does run worse when u remove the backfire screen and dont remap it!!! No one i talk to has used a stage 1 cam so i cant comment on that!