Got my first DRZ 400, what do I do?

I'd be aware of doing any type of fixes if you are leaving on your trip in the next couple weeks. If a part breaks or if you forget a gasket or a part rolls on the floor or in your engine you might have to cancel your trip. I don't ever like working on my bike before a trip. I even change tires two weeks in advance. The DRZ is very reliable and 3000km is nothing.

Maybe buy a luggage rack. Passenger pegs are nice to keep on in case your buddy needs to be rescued. Don't forget spare tubes, airpump, tools (I like to bring a 1/4 inch ratchet with a 6,8,10, and 12 mm socket plus the lool kit) and all the other good stuff like a map.

What is the black box that engine breather pips run into on the right hand side, is ok to remove it and run the breather pipes into the aur box.

Are ther other unneeded pipes and pluming that can be removed with out affecting the running of the motor.

What is the black box that engine breather pips run into on the right hand side, is ok to remove it and run the breather pipes into the aur box.

Are ther other unneeded pipes and pluming that can be removed with out affecting the running of the motor.

That's the oil condenser, if you remove that, you'll have one big mess in your hands.