Sign in to follow this  

case interchangeability 1999 rm250

anybody? have a cracked left side case, need to know what other years will interchange to find a used one.

1996-2000.........seemed to have the same engine/frame ....basically.

Maybe you know that already.............don't have the specifics on the part # 's though.

1996-2000 have the same engines with exception of : power valves, overall gear ratios, carbs. The mfg number is the same from 1996-2000, and in 2001 they went to water pump in outer case. :lol:

Anyone know which year cases will interchange with a 1999?

I went through all that the other year. I thought me left case was cracked as well. Ends up it wasn't cracked at all. It was a casting mark that went from about the brearing straight back toward the rear part of the magneto enclosure. That was a casting crack. The new to me cases looked exactly the same. My engine was a 1999 like yours. The replacement cases were not 1999. I can't remember what year they were but I might be able to find out tomorrow if you want me to check. I would check now but I am not in near it now. I made sure I got both cases since I am pretty sure the bearing bores are machined as a set. I am pretty sure you could not match them closely if they are not machined together. I bought my set on ebay and had all ne bearing put in ncluding the crank bearings. They are pressed into the case and not onto the crank like the YZ's are. I think I had about $350 invested in total. It will sit around for a long time since I don't expect the cases in my running engine to break any time soon. Are you certain that your case is cracked?