Sign in to follow this  

2004 KTM250 exc

so i picked up a clean looking ktm on the weekend sounds good looks great anyway seening that we got a dump of snow the next morring didnt get it out and will likely stay in my basement till spring now. anyway the question is are these the right bikes for trail riding with the family(andthe odd weekend with out lol). is it a wide ratio tranny like the crfx hondas? its a fourstoke model. any imput would be great thanks

Edited by T-Cat
spelling

Yes, EXC's have the wide ratio trans. The 250's is tighter than the 400's or 450's and up though. It would be comparable to the 250X or WR250 with the gear spread, just 1 more gear. :lol:

Should be a real good bike for what you described. They have decent power but it's mainly above warp speed rpm's.

cool i was thinking about a xr400 or 650 but the ktm just fell into my lap and was a smoking deal. i have never rode one before or even riding with anybody with one so know nothing about them,and now with the foot or so of snow we got could be a long winter mind u it did come with studded tires maybe once the lake frezze up will take it for a spin