New graphics on older model?

no, I've got a 98 CR250 and there are all kinds of smoking deals on graphic sets for CRF250's and 450's around the web. (Places cleareing inventory for next year models is my guess). Just wondering what would be the result if I tried to put them on the CR. Fender graphics should fit just fine.....it's the shroud graphics that would be compromised somewhat......but how bad?

Rygen, if they are a really smokin good deal i'd pickem up, play around with it abit. U know rotatate it around, cut, crop i bet you could get them pretty dasrn close. close enuf that only you would prolly knopw. Thats what i'd do. we are getting ready to same with 2000 to 93 cr125 graphics. goodluck man

I went the easier route and converted my '01 CR 250 to +02 plastics. Took some fabricating, but nothing tough.

I cringe when I hear the word "Fabricate". About as deep into fabrication that I would want to go would be argclh6670's idea of turn, crop, cut, see what happens.

There are some kits out there for my bike. But all are in the $100+ range.

I'm cheap.?

how about 01 cr250 shrouds with 02-up grafik shrouds? does TXpremix has a scetch?

@downonmonday:

did you had to change gas tanks and airbox? iv heared both but also heared they didnt change at all and just fabricated tabs.

i just wanted to know how it would look like with not changing anything except just adding tabs.

how about 01 cr250 shrouds with 02-up grafik shrouds? does TXpremix has a scetch?

@downonmonday:

did you had to change gas tanks and airbox? iv heared both but also heared they didnt change at all and just fabricated tabs.

i just wanted to know how it would look like with not changing anything except just adding tabs.

I changed both, so it looked legit. I have seen those that didn't and those have awkward gaps and looks horrible. I did have to make tabs (aluminum bar from Menards) for the lowest rear number plate bolt and the farthest back bolt of the shrouds. It was painless and you cannot see the tabs. My bike is always mistaken for a 2002+ but for those that know about CR250's, is the electric PV.

I have done what argclh66 recc'd and it turned out awesome...no one even notices, all they comment on is "where did u find those graphics to fit your model??" LoL

We have even used XR50 Moto XXX graphics (we love the metallic blue/candy red ones they ran long time ago) on a modern CRF50---still turned out great looking...you just gotta have someone stand back watching, while u arrange it, so that they can tell u which position looks best. Then u trim them to fit, and go. Keep the thing drenched in Windex and it will never stick while u move it around.

Be sure to trim them enuff to leave a band of plastic showing around the edges of the graphic, this sets the graphic off visually as well as prevents snagging.

You can also buy one of those graphic-pens that seal the edges, but will have to go to a graphics shop for it...