Sign in to follow this  

Washington Black Friday practice weekend at Eddieville

Every year we schedule a 3 day practice at Eddieville for Friday,Saturday and Sunday ,after Thanksgiving.

Most of the time we are lucky to get 1 or 2 days, if at all.

This year is shaping up to be the best dirt conditions of the year.

We have been getting some snow and rain on virtually dry ground, the forecast is for slightly warmer temps, with little or no overnight freezing temps.

We have the disc and tiller tractors ready to work the soil deep.

Rainfall after Thanksgiving looks to be little or nothing.

DIRT SHOULD BE EPIC!!

We will be open Friday,Saturday, and Sunday.

Check our website at www.overthebarsgang.com for weather report AND live webcam view of the track. ( lower right hand corner of mainpage).

If in doubt, call.

Scott:ride::):lol:

Nice, I think I will make it out there this weekend. Thanks Scott. :lol:

Nice, I think I will make it out there this weekend. Thanks Scott. :banghead:

Let me ride your Husky's and I'll let you ride mine.:lol::)

Let me ride your Husky's and I'll let you ride mine.:lol::)

No problem, I always walk over to the building and peer in like a little kid and your goodies. Wish I had my 511 to bring this weekend, as odd a bike as it is it works well and you should try it. Will bring it out one of these days. All I have to bring right now is my TC250 which your more than welcome to ride if you want.

Trying to get a group to head over Friday for the day...haven't been there for awhile.

No problem, I always walk over to the building and peer in like a little kid and your goodies. Wish I had my 511 to bring this weekend, as odd a bike as it is it works well and you should try it. Will bring it out one of these days. All I have to bring right now is my TC250 which your more than welcome to ride if you want.

I got to ride a 2011 511? this fall. Interesting bike, but I like stiffer settings and a barkier motor than the owner had it set.

If it is perfect,deep dirt I would let you try my 2004 570 KTM. It makes my 2010 450sxf feel like a 250F.:lol:

I got to ride a 2011 511? this fall. Interesting bike, but I like stiffer settings and a barkier motor than the owner had it set.

My 511 has a pipe and JD tuner and makes 11 hp over stock. It rips pretty good. Dave sheets said he would race it as is. The suspension is off to Richard at HOH which is part of the reason I will not have it out there. Yes, semi odd bike but I flat love it.

If it is perfect,deep dirt I would let you try my 2004 570 KTM. It makes my 2010 450sxf feel like a 250F.:)

:lol:

Only if it vibrates as much as my ATK 406. :banghead:

My 511 has a pipe and JD tuner and makes 11 hp over stock. It rips pretty good. Dave sheets said he would race it as is. The suspension is off to Richard at HOH which is part of the reason I will not have it out there. Yes, semi odd bike but I flat love it.

:lol:

Only if it vibrates as much as my ATK 406. :)

The 570 does have Richard's progressive springs in the front. Veeeery cool. Worked so well on my 2010 450sxf I put a set in the 570. Better cornering, plush on the top with added bottoming resistance....A fat boys dream mod.

Make sure you get them.

I almost bought a ATK 406 in the mid 80's, but worried about frame breakage, stayed with Huskies.

The 570 does have Richard's progressive springs in the front. Veeeery cool. Worked so well on my 2010 450sxf I put a set in the 570. Better cornering, plush on the top with added bottoming resistance....A fat boys dream mod.

Make sure you get them.

I have been working with Richard for years and was one of the first to try them on my 09 WR144 husky. Yep, work great.

I almost bought a ATK 406 in the mid 80's, but worried about frame breakage, stayed with Huskies.

I can bring mine out if you want to try it, nice bike but better suited for woods than a track like yours. Has stock suspension and need help there for sure.

make sure to bring your Captain American suit to complete the look...

Captain_America-Suit.jpg

667016793_qRGKE-XL.jpg

In for Friday...shall I bring Miss America?

I think I will ride out there Sunday. Do not know yet.

i noticed that from you tube videos the mx track is pretty hilly with step ups and step downs. Is it a track that is ridden wide open or is it a little technical to help slow down things? i really would like to make the trip over from pendleton.

i noticed that from you tube videos the mx track is pretty hilly with step ups and step downs. Is it a track that is ridden wide open or is it a little technical to help slow down things? i really would like to make the trip over from pendleton.

Fast flowing track but not pinned everywhere. Good fun. :lol:

There are plenty of places to pin it. I get my 250 into 5th gear along the back hill and down the straight after the table top.

The track is very open and forgiving, wide and roomy. Not at all like riding a supercross track. More along the lines of old-school outdoor tracks from the '70s and '80s.

There are plenty of places to pin it. I get my 250 into 5th gear along the back hill and down the straight after the table top.

The track is very open and forgiving, wide and roomy. Not at all like riding a supercross track. More along the lines of old-school outdoor tracks from the '70s and '80s.

I agree, it is a fun and safe track, except for them damn whoops, I hate them...

Looks lilke I will be there tomorrow, hope Scott has disced the track because it should be excellent..

I agree, it is a fun and safe track, except for them damn whoops, I hate them...

Looks lilke I will be there tomorrow, hope Scott has disced the track because it should be excellent..

What whoops? The staggered field on the hill? Pin it through them. Sit way back and shoot straight through em as they are all offset. The ones down on the flat? Watch the fast guys ride them... more like a rhythm section. Dbl, dbl, dbl and triple up out to make the left turn to the table. Never seen anyone skim them like sx whoops...ever. Drop a wheel and its all over.