Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Any newer MX riders looking for more people to ride with?

I don't suppose there are any newer MX riders in the area looking for an additional person to ride with? I've been riding a lot of MX lately, and all of a sudden the usual crew is getting pretty thin.

I'm looking to ride Clark County Indoor on Friday, then Saturday ride Woodland WA, and Sunday try out my first MX race as a complete n00b.

Anyone else up to anything similar and want to hang out?

I'll probably be with Roland on Friday, but it would be cool to meet you guys anyways!

For Saturday Sunday it would be cool to pit with you.

Ill be at Clark county Friday night...I was going to race Saturday, but have only been on the track once since early summer so I need to get some practice in

Welp, one down, three to go!

Today at clark county indoor was cool. It was definitely a new experience for me to ride an indoor. I actually dug a good chunk of the track, although I wasn't good enough to really attack a lot of it. I had a REALLY hard time with all the smoke in there though. Being out of shape combined with that smoke really winded me quickly, ugh.

I will be going back, but probably just on weekday nights. It was too damn crowded, and when they broke it down into 9 groups it just got silly. Ride 15 minutes, wait for 1.5 hours or more until you can go again? Definitely too many people and not enough track.

WOODLAND tomorrow! Anybody going? All my friends bailed and I'd rather not hang out by myself!

They had it down to 10 minute sessions tonight! I was there almost 3 hours and got to ride 2 practices, they even had to split uP some practices, all the sandbaggers in the beginner session really really really pissed me off, I actually got stuffed in a corner.....in practice.......in BEGINNER practice! So for me I had people that were way slOwer than me and way faster, made it hard to concentrate on the track. Jumps really weren't an issue but I did not even attempt the triple.

So the question is ......is it always that damn crowded?

Fun layout and awesome dirt

Welp, one down, three to go!

Today at clark county indoor was cool. It was definitely a new experience for me to ride an indoor. I actually dug a good chunk of the track, although I wasn't good enough to really attack a lot of it. I had a REALLY hard time with all the smoke in there though. Being out of shape combined with that smoke really winded me quickly, ugh.

I will be going back, but probably just on weekday nights. It was too damn crowded, and when they broke it down into 9 groups it just got silly. Ride 15 minutes, wait for 1.5 hours or more until you can go again? Definitely too many people and not enough track.

WOODLAND tomorrow! Anybody going? All my friends bailed and I'd rather not hang out by myself!

that's the problem when you have to ride in groups.. woodland will be that way tomorrow also... that's why I am headed to eddieville..

I got an email that said riverdale is in good shape for tomorrow, the vet track is awesome for beginner riders and even the main track is not bad at all

I've ridden Riverdale a TON and I've ridden their vintage track as well. Honestly the vintage track is not all that much fun to me. I'm hoping Woodland treats me better than Clark County Indoor for crowding!

I think it would help to run limited entry and seperate quad days. It just got to be excessive. Waiting an hour and a half for my 10 minute session SUCKED.

I'll go back on a weekday night I'm thinking.

most fun for me on the vintage track is the 2 jumps on the front and the double in the back.....I have only looked at the main track, when I went there was a race on the big track.

I really love Clark county indoor's layout, its alot of fun without being too gnarly (maybe a LITTLE on the easy side, but not bad)

opening night at clark county is always a zoo, avoid at all cost. For that matter opening day/night at any NW track is a mess, go ride trails an let the metal mulisha posse get their fix then come back later for the normal crowd.

opening night at clark county is always a zoo, avoid at all cost. For that matter opening day/night at any NW track is a mess, go ride trails an let the metal mulisha posse get their fix then come back later for the normal crowd.

this post came about 12 hours too late lol

Good to know... as I recall the crowds and the wait time are a part of what killed Hindsight. I sure miss that place in the winter. Clark Co doesn't have that kind of overhead tho... they don't need to worry about the rent so bad. Whatever happened to that big place that was gonna get built out by Battleground?

with the turnout at clark county I could see a permanent, year round indoor MX track doing well, even if the summer crowds arent much the winter business could carry them

Good to know... as I recall the crowds and the wait time are a part of what killed Hindsight.

It was a big problem on friday. They broke the groups down into a HUGE amount, and basically you waited an hour and a half to two hours between sessions. Then you'd get sandbaggers dropping into random classes so they'd get more ride time.

It was an experience for sure, but also a lesson learned: Don't show up unless it's a safe bet it won't be crowded.

I wonder why they don't do what Mountain View does, and do limited signups.

Today at CCAX there was only about 1/3 of the riders compared to Friday. Only got in one more session (4 vs 3) but much less crowded.

It was a big problem on friday. They broke the groups down into a HUGE amount, and basically you waited an hour and a half to two hours between sessions. Then you'd get sandbaggers dropping into random classes so they'd get more ride time.

It was an experience for sure, but also a lesson learned: Don't show up unless it's a safe bet it won't be crowded.

I wonder why they don't do what Mountain View does, and do limited signups.

yeah when there are people on the beginner line that are doing the triple and have a mechanic on the line revving their bike for them...oh yeah and a PRO female running the beginner group was cool too lol

I want to race next week there but Im afraid if I enter the 30+ beg/jr Im going to get lapped by all the sandbaggers

Today at CCAX there was only about 1/3 of the riders compared to Friday. Only got in one more session (4 vs 3) but much less crowded.

I almost wish I'd done that instead of going to woodland today. I was aiming to get in a race to just kind of get a feel of where I am relative to other noobs at motocross. Now I know where I am relative to other noobs in an extended mud bogging event.

I was at CC friday night, 11 classes and 8 minute motos. Was there from 4-9, got 3 motos in. I'm good on that place, I would rather get some riding in.

In teh beginning the lady said we could pay $10 for an extra class, we waited to see how crowed it was, then my buddy went up to pay for his second class and they said he couldn't do that, even though we saw other doing that.

I understand it was opening weekend, and I should see what more of the layouts look like before I open my mouth, but I feel like Trackmaster would have made better use of the space provided.

anyone rode this weeks track layout?

Im not sure if Im going to go ride Clark county on Friday night or go to Riverdale on Saturday