Sign in to follow this  

Truck it

Howdy folks,

I just bought an 07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I was wondering if anyone out there in thumpertalk land also has a sport trac, and if so can you fit your deezer in the bed? I would try it myself, but it's in for the winter and i don't have a ramp yet.

How big is the bed? You will need about 8 feet, maybe a little less if it is in the bed sideways with the bars turned.

Just found this.

The 2007 model is now based on the modern Explorer chassis. From the front doors forward, the Spot Trac is identical to the 2006 Ford Explorer. This includes the massive chrome grill, which extends from the hood to the lower fascia, and compound headlamps with integral turn signal lamps. The rear doors have been altered to accommodate the xenografted truck bed.

The bed design is distinctly more truck-like than before, taking influence from the current F150. If approached from behind, one could mistake the Sport Trac for its full-size cousin, but the cargo area has been shortened to just 4 1/2 feet.

How big is the bed? You will need about 8 feet, maybe a little less if it is in the bed sideways with the bars turned.

Just found this.

The 2007 model is now based on the modern Explorer chassis. From the front doors forward, the Spot Trac is identical to the 2006 Ford Explorer. This includes the massive chrome grill, which extends from the hood to the lower fascia, and compound headlamps with integral turn signal lamps. The rear doors have been altered to accommodate the xenografted truck bed.

The bed design is distinctly more truck-like than before, taking influence from the current F150. If approached from behind, one could mistake the Sport Trac for its full-size cousin, but the cargo area has been shortened to just 4 1/2 feet.

yes, but the bed is just over 5' wide.. front to back wheel on a drz is just over 6 feet. with the tailgate down you get about 6 feet, with a little manuvering you could get it in there no problem

I have carried mine in my s10 crew cab which has the same size bed with no issues

Yeah the bed is just about useless at 4 1/2. i'm thinking i might be able to squeeze it in there with the tailgate down, might have to go diagonally. i'm hoping i can avoid that though. i'd rather not attempt to waltz with a 300+ lbs bike in a truck bed, know what i mean. honestly i've only had the truck three days now and haven't even had time to use a tape measure to figure out if it's going to work or not.

i figured if nothing else i'll just get a small trailer or one of those tow hitch jobs, like this:

http://www.prohoists.com/Shopping.idc?ProductID=202

I was just curious if any one else out there has a sport trac and attempted to use the bed for truckin it.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

my Silverado has a 6.5' bed and i need to slide the rear tire over to close the tail gate

Yep...pic in a 6.5' bed after a fun enduro.

DRZs-1.jpg

I just hauled a yz250 150 miles in the back of my subaru impreza...where there's a will there's a way.

My SM fits nicely with the tail down on the Sport Trac, but I can't see an S or an E fitting straight in.

Why do you say that? Is that on account of the smaller front wheel on the SM?

Yup, that was my thinking.

BUT...I just looked up wheelbase for an SM(57.5") and an S(58.5") so you should be able to pull it off. Give it a shot.

Just measure the bed with the gate down. You should have about 60" of room...perfect fit. :lol: