Sign in to follow this  

Missing engine part "collar" on 2005 CRF250r?

I am rebuilding an 05 crf250r and am confused by a part showing up on a parts diagram. I bought my bike already apart, and between te crankcase and cylinder on the right side there should a ring aka "collar". Can't find any mentions in the service manual and my other 2004 crf250r parts bike doesn't have it either.

Right now there looks like there is like a metal sleeve where it goes, it is much bigger (longer) than what shows up on the diagram. Anyone know what I am talking about? Any ideas on this part?

About the only thing I can think of is the dowell pin. It slides over the head stud and aligns the head to the cylinder. They are also between the cylinder and the cylinder head. If you had a picture, that would help.

I have both dowels on this level, as well as between the cylinder and head. There is a big hole between the dowels between the crankcase and head. I would take a picture but I'm not at my house now

I checked bOth diagrams and the 450 uses a 18mm while the collar on the 250 is supposed to be 16mm. But it would be for antifreeze I believe.

Oh I have been using bike bandit for all my diagrams, they don't show that. But thanks I really appreciate it! Where did you get that diagram?