Sign in to follow this  

Where to adjust for this situation

The suspension on my 05 KX feels great when I'm riding fast or at speed. However, it feels rough over small roots, gravel road, small bumps type of terrain while I'm riding slow. It's not a performance issue, just the general feel of the bike is rough, like there's 100 psi in my tires.

soften comp both ends

I don't want to affect the damping when I'm really 'riding' the bike. When I'm riding the bike hard, I can tell a big difference with just 2 clicks on the fork comp.

where is your hs adjuster set?

I've been tuning lately. Right now I'm playing around between 6-10 out on the forks.

I rode my friends bike and noticed it rode alot smoother. I'm only talking maybe 1" of suspension travel.

all mx bikes feel that way when going slow IMO , just to let you know.

My friends 07 KX450 feels alot smoother over that stuff. I don't know if it's the chassis or what, just seems like mine transmits the terrain texture. Don't know how else to explain it, besides feeling like my tires are over inflated.

how many turns out on the top of the shock is the big nut?

yours is a lighter bike and less probe to iron out small bumps

As long as your springs aren't to stiff what you are describing is excessive LS damping. Or a stiction problem, or a soft spring with excessive preload.

The 05 only has LS adjustment at the shock.

Oh, forgot to add? Didn't you recently install a PC link?

Edited by 455

Yeah, PC link installed.

Would lightening the midvalve affect that?

shouldn't, but with the link it lowers the back end close to 20mms, so that is 20mm farther into the linkage ratio, so stiffer initially.

Turning you rebound in , will make it feel softer. It will react faster to roots , and rocks.

Turning you rebound in , will make it feel softer. It will react faster to roots , and rocks.

You mean out.

I have had issues with All Balls , and their inconsistencies in manufacturing , not saying that is your issue , but I only use OEM seals anymore , I know they are made for my bike

It almost sounds like you are having the same issues i have been having , the Dogger helped me tremendously with this , my bike feels the best it has felt since i have had it , just by changing the stack around the way he suggested , i literally never touched the clickers after initial setup , that is why i have not been back in these forums complaining about my bike , its just that much better that i can actually live with it now , its not perfect as i need to get a few parts yet to make it even better , but its the best it has ever been since i got the bike in 08 , the harshness i was experiencing is about 95% gone , as soon as i can afford to get the parts i need to improve it more , i will tear it apart and finish it up , but the bike is actually rideable now, it turns out i was way too soft on valving , moved the stack around a little and added a few shims here and there , the stack is nothing like it was when i started either , i think its more of a 2 stage setup now (still learning about all this stuff) , and its like a whole new bike , its nothing like it was , its actually enjoyable to ride now , you might want to look into your stacks a little to see if its something you changed that is causing this !

just my .02

i think your problem is fork glide!have you controlled the fluency??push down the bike on front fender with a little force the fork must be start .

I have had issues with All Balls , and their inconsistencies in manufacturing , not saying that is your issue , but I only use OEM seals anymore , I know they are made for my bike

It almost sounds like you are having the same issues i have been having , the Dogger helped me tremendously with this , my bike feels the best it has felt since i have had it , just by changing the stack around the way he suggested , i literally never touched the clickers after initial setup , that is why i have not been back in these forums complaining about my bike , its just that much better that i can actually live with it now , its not perfect as i need to get a few parts yet to make it even better , but its the best it has ever been since i got the bike in 08 , the harshness i was experiencing is about 95% gone , as soon as i can afford to get the parts i need to improve it more , i will tear it apart and finish it up , but the bike is actually rideable now, it turns out i was way too soft on valving , moved the stack around a little and added a few shims here and there , the stack is nothing like it was when i started either , i think its more of a 2 stage setup now (still learning about all this stuff) , and its like a whole new bike , its nothing like it was , its actually enjoyable to ride now , you might want to look into your stacks a little to see if its something you changed that is causing this !

just my .02

Where do I find this Dogger report? Ive seen a few people talk about it on here and how it has helped them out tremendously!

Thanks B-