Sign in to follow this  

Unbreakable Levers

Who breaks their levers multiple times a year? I do! I feel that this is a major issue in the design of dirt bikes these days. I am thinking about sending a letter or asking to talk to someone at one of the big dirt bike manufacturers and presenting the idea of having unbreakable levers come stock on the dirt bikes. Makes sense right?

So in order to have an argument i need to take a poll. Let me know what you think? Would you be more prone to buying a dirt bike with unbreakable levers rather than one that does not if they were the same price. Would you even pay a littler more for that bike over another if it came with the unbreakable levers on it?

Feedback is much appreciated.

Sure it would be cool if they came stock. Personally if I was looking for a new bike something small like that wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

It wouldnt push me to buy one over the other. I have Cycra pro bend hand guards so its a non issue for me. If I didnt have the hand guards I would keep the lever perches a little loose so they spin on the bars before the lever breaks.

wouldnt do anything for me..they would charge more for the bike in the end then..

i rather have my pick at which leavers to put on.

In the end its pay more at the stealership, just think how much a dealer will charge you for folding levers or.... just buy the ones you want and at a cheaper price later.

Never broke a lever on my 200... bark busters ftw!

X2

I still have the stock levers on my 2006 WR450 and all the credit goes to bark busters!

My levers have been saved also by my bark busters,but i need unbreakable bark busters since i shattered mine.

Didnt KTMs do this for a couple of years?

KTM had notches grovved about half way along the levers, it created a weak point along the lever.

If you were to fall and put enough pressure on them they would snap at the grove, leaving just enough for you to still work the brake and clutch.

Quite ingenious and cheap on KTMs behalf :lol:

KTM had notches grovved about half way along the levers, it created a weak point along the lever.

If you were to fall and put enough pressure on them they would snap at the grove, leaving just enough for you to still work the brake and clutch.

the lever is designed to break. it is a cheap part to replace, and the levers absorb the impact and bend or break SO other more important parts dont break.

dont have the mounts too tight

i have mine set so the levers rotate if i hit the deck

agreed:thumbsup: but i think the unbreakable levers are pritty trick though lol

This seems like a great idea and I would definitely be more inclined to buy a dirt bike that has the unbreakable levers. It would save me much time and hassle. With these levers a could breath easy knowing that i won't be stuck out in the woods with broken levers.