Sign in to follow this  

My first "crash" on my drz...

It was pretty slow and in a parking lot so it wasn't a real crash but it still sucks. so im leaving class and was already not happy about being there and i decided i was going to cut off some cars so i went around them then went to make another turn and stop and my back tire caught some dirt and slid out and i think i tapped the front brake and that was it. At least nothing on my bike broke. cut my hand again and Ripped another jacket though. The worst part is being embarrassed. In front of like 3 cars. I doubt they know how easy it is to slip on dirt when they all drive cars. man i feel dumb. Anyone else done anything like that? and to think, i almost wore my gopro today. no specific reason. i just wanted to. hahah

Had my first crash on my first off pavement trip, still with the temp lic on. A week after bringing it home last month. Coming back down a long switchback filled, mushy Forest Service road. Think I got distracted by the scenery for a second too long. Found myself going into a fairly gentle corner way to fast, locked the back wheel and slid off the road into a calf deep bushy ditch. I think the front wheel bit in and I flat fell over. No harm done but a small nick in the lower fork slider...and a little ego bruise.:) I said what the hey? It is the first bike in too many years without. Probably did me some good.:lol:

snip.... i decided i was going to cut off some cars so i went around them then went to make another turn and stop and my back tire caught some dirt and slid out and i think i tapped the front brake and that was it.....snip...man i feel dumb. Anyone else done anything like that? ...snip

We've all done stupid things.

The real question is: What can you do to see that it never happens again??

I knew the answer when it was my turn....and now....I bet you do too!!:lol:

Consider the lesson pretty much a freebie then! Hurt pride costs the ego, not the wallet or the body. Lessons are repeated until they are learned and every moment is an opportunity to learn. Keep yourself from harm and stay alert. Low speed is the best place to learn! Good luck! :lol:

iv crashed my 09 drz 8 times i think and only a small dent in the tank. My 1st was with only 60 miles on it. I hate wet clay Front tire went out so fast. then i did it again in the same spot going back.

Long as no major property damage or personal injury took place, just oops and go on.

I did chuckle slightly after I read your post, sorry for that, but I couldn't find any humor if you got hurt, or seriously damaged your bike.

Well, be safe, and try not to muutt.gif again