Sign in to follow this  

Xr650l wheel interchange questions

Have searched for days tryin find this info just to be very confused on what will work. I got a sumo 650l I'm lookin for factory wheels or something that will fit so I can do a Little more off roading. It seems that some of the front wheels from xr model are the same but a smaller rotor than the "L". My question is if I'm using a 320mm rotor should this matter? And if any one can tell me what what I can use front and rear would be helpful. The speedo is no concern to me as long as the spacers will work as I use a vapor speedo. All my concern is that I can bolt it up and go with minimal mods to do so. Any knowledge would be helpful thanks.

xr400 and xr600 wheels will work but use different spacers.

Wheels for these bikes are fairly hard to find and pretty darn expensive. I have an older XR350 wheel that had a 15mm axle and I'm going to try to fit wheel bearings from an XRL (17mm axle) to run it on my motard 650L. :lol:

The bearings are 1mm thinner than the older bearing, so I have to get some spacers for them. Then hopefully be able to work out the caliper/rotor spacing.

If it works, then it would be easy to find older XR wheels that go for $50 in good shape instead of $200+ for newer.

I've found xr 600 wheels for good pricing. Hopefully may have the front Won on eBay. My problem now is to get a 320 rotor for that wheel because my braking caliper is bracketless caliper just bolts straight up. May be a bit much for dirt but it's what I got. Now what spacers would I use the ones for the 600 wheel or the 650l ? Seeing as how I have none of the factory spacers I have to buy it all anyway.

Well I got a xr600 front wheel with the spacers axle and rotor. And I went ahead and got the front caliper and bracket for it as well. So I hope my front is taken care of. Now I need a rear wheel. Does anyone know if xr250 rears are the same seems like I seen somewhere where certain years would work. The 250 wheels are much easier to find and a lot better priced. I guess I did good on my front got it for 130 with caliper and all.