Sign in to follow this  

yz125 dripping oil

I have an 06 yz125 and i noticed that it drips oil when sitting in the garage from one of the drain tubes that is wrapped to the frame. Is this normal?

Wow - 49 views and no one wants to provide any input. You are probably looking at the vent tube from the Power Valve. It is normal for small amounts of oil to drip out of this tube. Trace the tube and see where it goes - My bet is the Power Valve cover. :lol:

Our 2005 yz125 seems to drip more when we ride around the yard at low speeds and less when we keep it on the pipe for a while.

my only help is my 01 250 vents off the power valve . After every race i clean the bike and park it in the garage. It will leave about a 1 inch black spot under the bike. If your oil is clean and you are leaving a black spot it is probably your problem. My cr 125 would leak a spot from the exhaust when it was jetted rich.

My yz250 engines had no drop when running at 50:1 but when my riding style became more agressive I choose to run 30:1 avoiding thus lean seizes which happened twice to me. Rahter a few drops of spooge than a seized engine :lol:

Pretty normal. It's coming out of the power valve relief hole.

If you pay attention on your first startup of a cold day, you'll see blue smoke coming out of there, just like it was an exhaust pipe (which it is, in many respects.) Oil condenses in that system just like it does in your exhaust.

Yup its normal! Residual premix comming from the PV. No sweat, dialing in the jetting and getting squish corrected (common problem on just about every Yz Ive ever encountered) will clean it up bit but its nothing to be concerned about if your not racing and wanting optimal performance out of your bike.

i just replaced the top end on my dirtbike, new gasket seals, new piston ring, i put it all together and put in radiator fluid. so i started it and it started steaming, i figured it was from burining oil on the engine case that was left from finger prints. but then i reached down and its really hot. then it started dripping oil. anyone know what could be wrong?