Sign in to follow this  

What kind of handlebars should I get?

I went through about 5 sets of cheapo bars before I coughed up the cash for oversized pro tapers. Those same pro tapers have been on my yzf every since, going on 10 years now! I have pro tapers on my WR as well. I can't speak for other high end brands because I haven't tried them. I've just been so satisfied with my Pro Tapers that I've never looked elsewhere. As far as bend, it's a matter of personal preferance.

If you plan on running barkbusters, then I would just stick with the Renthal 7/8" bar. Personally, I think they are great bars for the price.

If you're not using barkbusters, then I might look into an oversize bar. They are definitely stronger, and they have some flex to them also.

I've never bent a set of pro tapers since switching to them when they first came out many moons ago. That's the first thing I put on a new bike......

Ive actually used the protaper cheapys, the se model. Ive had some pretty good crashes on them and they havent bent at all

i liek fat bars. i havent bent mine yet. going on to 3 years now...

as for bnd, the best way to do it. take your bars out of the clamps, and hold then exaclly were it feels right to you. get a buddie t grad a tape mesure, and mesure all the nessesery stuff(how high your holding them, how fare back ext ext ext) then, go threw the diffrent bends, and match your mesurments as close as posible to the manifactures.

Why not use fat bars with bark busters?

You can use fat bars with bark busters, it will work just fine.

However.........one of the big advantages of fat bars is their ability to flex, which is negated when you bolt a bark buster on the end of it.

I need to get new bars for my 2005 YZ125 because they bent. What is the advantage getting the oversized bars? What bend should I get? I will probably go with renthal, and probably the stock 7/8 inch size

The advantage of getting oversized bars is that you won't have to buy another pair of bars again. Literally. I finally bit the bullet after going though 3 sets of bars in a half season on my old XR400 (including a pair of Renthals - first tipover and they bent - junk) and got Pro Tapers. I proceeded to crash that bike at least 1000 times a year for the next 7-8 years. I destroyed 3 sets of barkbusters, but the bars are still straight as new.

JayC