Sign in to follow this  

2009 wr300 brand new

Hello. I am KDX 200 rider for the moment but I just saw a 2009 Husqvarna WR 300 for sale and its brand new. Just curious what you guys think of the WR 300?

Another part to that question is the parts? How hard is it to find parts online or at the dealers for these bikes?

I love my 09. If you do some searching you can find some great stuff. If you check out my garage you can see what I have done.

Edited by Thane

Another part to that question is the parts? How hard is it to find parts online or at the dealers for these bikes?

huh? Why would it be hard to get parts?

You can call Gerald at Upstate Cycles here in Greenville. He has built a bunch of wr30o's.

Get it, you will love it. Halls cycles for any parts, everything I've needed they have had in stock. I usually get it in a couple days.

huh? Why would it be hard to get parts?

huh? why would you even need parts for a brand new bike?

once you have a couple hundred hours on it, you may find a few things need fixing. My local dealer is kinda so-so about stocking parts. They have stuff that fits many bikes (fork seals, wheel bearings), but they don't stock top end gaskets or parts. But then no japanese dealers here stock those parts either.

For accessories, whatever the dealer doesn't have, motosportz.com is a good source for.

I have well over 200 hrs on my 2009, and it's been a good bike at a great price.

I paid $6k otd (tax and everything) in 2010, and you can get a 2011 for that price right now, so I would think that bike should be $5500 or less out the door.

they have some very competitive prices

now if they can just get a button and about 3" off that seat hight

The one I saw was for $5200. How are they in the tight rocky stuff? How is the weight on it? Are they tough to manuever in the knarly tight stuff? Seems to me like a well put together bike on the showroom floor. I'm sure the 100 cc's will be a big difference. It's bit taller than my kdx. I'm 5'8" 180lbs before Thanksgiving meal. LOL!

now if they can just get a button and about 3" off that seat hight

One of the reasons I bought one is because the seat height fits grownups, and it doesn't come with an expensive broken e-start like the competition. :lol:

How are they in the tight rocky stuff? How is the weight on it?

everyone's idea of 'tight rocky stuff' is different. What we ride in the idaho mountains is the sort of terrain many people refuse to come back for (and that's ok). My wr isn't really set up for that, more for normal tight rocky terrain, like national enduros or the idaho city qualifier. It works extraordinarily well in that stuff. I had the suspension revalved by ltr and the gearing is a little taller for racing.

It feels a little less maneuverable at walking speeds than my 200xcw, but what isn't? Once you get to running speeds, it way out-corners any other bike i've ridden.

gasgas e-start works, and they are not so friggin tall

my hip cant take getting on my ktm's, hurts so bad after a day of riding

I have ridden the KTM, Gas Gas, and own the Husky, I really liked the Gas Gas but they aren't any better than a slightly modded Husky and the husky can be bought for half the price! I bought mine for under $4000, and it only had 10 hours on it when I bought it. A buddy of mine owned it. I have ridden all over the world (ex-military) and grew up riding xr's. I have owned a tc 450, txc 310, and now the wr300. The 300 is by far the lightest, strongest running bike I have ever ridden. It is fantastic in the tight stuff with a couple little modds.

Northeast 'tight and rocky'. To tight for a 4 wheeler. Lots of people wont ride in it either so I guess its the same you mentioned llamaface. Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I like really like the bike. I'll be back at the dealer tomorrow to check it out again.

Congrats! You will love it. Get on cafehusky.com. Its a great forum for Husky. I have an 09 300 and I absolutely love it too. If you don't have a dealer nearby, you can get all parts from other resources. Motosportz and Halls Cycles have been very reliable sources for me. I just added a procircuit pipe and silencer, and the high comp race head. Amazing! Welcome to the club

Thanks again for the info. I'm sure this bike will provide me many years of fun.

Here are those pics. Hopefully this works.

2009wr300.jpg

2009wr300slightlyused.jpg