2006 yz shock rebound???

whats the hot fix?? Am I the only one who thinks the rebound adjustable system via set screww is too fast? seems rebound totally messes with comp adjustment. is there suppose to be a check valve? I put a gold valve in and it didnt make any difference, so I reinstalled the stock valve which seemed visually better. It was wider more stable in the bore and ring system seemed better too. my bike seems to rebound too fast as compared to my sons 09 kx450???. also the forks have a mid valve with a plastic piston and they were cracked. bought new and drilled 3/64ths hole in them to relieve air pressure due to temp gradiant.

ok what i am looking for is free information thus saving me time. I use to work in the industry and am now a ibew man. whats mthe best set up for a 240 lb man to ride intermediate motocross?? thaqnks. I am guessing a 5.5 spring in back but do i revalve the stock piston oir gold valve and also what would the shim stack spec out to on both sides? also forks??? what mods do i do to midvalves springs and preload?? is that new smart oil worth it? i need my bike to handle like my ole 1991 honda cr250. that was the best handling bike besides my 1995 rm250. I could hit whoops wide open on them bikes and predict what would happen.

i see someone sells a check valve for the shocck thanks if you can seriously help me for free email me at gktm300@gmail.com or call or text me at 315 240 6433 thanks

gabriel

I guess 250 2 stroke?!

Have you already put other springs on the bike?

Going to 5.4 or 5.5 from stock is a big increase. You may have to alter the stacks just because of the springswap.

You need stiffer ones in the fork too.

0.48 should be fine.

The assembly with the white plastic piston is the basevalve, not not the midvalve.

36 x.30 not 40 mm on the stock piston.use the stock piston with the stock comp stack and use the stock rebound stack with the addition of 4 or 5 36 x.30.

i find more rebound shims is a good setup for woods riding as it lets you run more free bleed(opened up rebound clicker)to give small bump compliance but still enough rebound to catch the big whoops.

You didn't specify the YZ model, but by the spring you mentioned a YZ250 seems a good guess.

If that's the case, I'd take the the first 4 36x.15 face shims out and replace them with 4 36x.30's.

I did something like this with the shock on my '06 YZ450, which had a face stack of 14 36x.15's in the rebound. We replaced the the first 7 of them with 36x.30's and the improvement was amazing.