mega CRF250

Jesse builds a good engine package our company TUF competes with his product in pro arenacross .One of the most recent engines based on the 2012 has produced a solid 45.5 HP run thats corrected to sae standards and it maintained 45 hp past 12000 rpm the ability to maintain hp comes from volumetric eficeincy in other words our cylinder head and cam combination works very well as there is less time to fill the cylinder @ very high rpms our dyno graphs show this as we maintained over 44 hp fromm 11500 to 13000 rpm.I have showed a coulpe diferent dyno graphs of the same run just show the difference in corection factors which can show completely different numbers but they cant change the curve which shows how long the engine pulls and is some times a better indicator of engine performance.Maintaining hp in the over rev is huge on

Image (109).jpg

Image (110).jpga 250 .

the engine graphed here has oem valves our spring kit and cam, a wiseco piston the measured compression ratio ended up 13.5-1 with shaping of the piston.we used renegade sx4+ fuel and a off the shelf FMF pipe .

Ron its good to see a competior giving credit to another - i admire that. i have only heard good also about TUF racing, I have used Jesse a few times and always found value and performance. our KXF250 he has just done just rips.

good man.

mark.

Jesse builds a good engine package our company TUF competes with his product in pro arenacross .One of the most recent engines based on the 2012 has produced a solid 45.5 HP run thats corrected to sae standards and it maintained 45 hp past 12000 rpm the ability to maintain hp comes from volumetric eficeincy in other words our cylinder head and cam combination works very well as there is less time to fill the cylinder @ very high rpms our dyno graphs show this as we maintained over 44 hp fromm 11500 to 13000 rpm.I have showed a coulpe diferent dyno graphs of the same run just show the difference in corection factors which can show completely different numbers but they cant change the curve which shows how long the engine pulls and is some times a better indicator of engine performance.Maintaining hp in the over rev is huge on

[ATTACH]17293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17294[/ATTACH]a 250 .

the engine graphed here has oem valves our spring kit and cam, a wiseco piston the measured compression ratio ended up 13.5-1 with shaping of the piston.we used renegade sx4+ fuel and a off the shelf FMF pipe .

JEESES motors are fast period .Varner told me today he dynoed a crf 250 on his dyno this was one from moto concepts and it made 44 hp .the only details i know are it was a cosworth head and a procircut cam.i have heard of engines running over 15-1 compression to get to those numbers.I thought i would be over 46 hp this week but not there yet 2 least on my dyno some pepole in the uk were reporting 46 hp with our past heads and cams.I have recently found a break through that added up 2.5 hp it was a huge change in the curve.FMF is sending me some custom exhaust parts made to my specifications im hoping to find some thing there .\Im sure that an old school can thats to loud would put me over that number.

JEESES motors are fast period .Varner told me today he dynoed a crf 250 on his dyno this was one from moto concepts and it made 44 hp .the only details i know are it was a cosworth head and a procircut cam.i have heard of engines running over 15-1 compression to get to those numbers.I thought i would be over 46 hp this week but not there yet 2 least on my dyno some pepole in the uk were reporting 46 hp with our past heads and cams.I have recently found a break through that added up 2.5 hp it was a huge change in the curve.FMF is sending me some custom exhaust parts made to my specifications im hoping to find some thing there .\Im sure that an old school can thats to loud would put me over that number.

HI Ron

By any chance would that be Terry Varner..

Chet

HI Ron

By any chance would that be Terry Varner..

Chet

you got it Terry and i have been freinds since around 2004 i spent a week @ his house when he lived in corona i built some special motors for the KTMs .it seems when there looking for that tiny little extra they keep using me .using me up that is .

Ron, whats the reliabity with these engines, say a hourly time frame? Im 210, Expert HS racer and like the idea of a 250f but im just too much for a stock 250f. Curious to know how long a RH engine (as an example) is going to last? Im taking into account that a regular maintence schedule is applied.

you got it Terry and i have been freinds since around 2004 i spent a week @ his house when he lived in corona i built some special motors for the KTMs .it seems when there looking for that tiny little extra they keep using me .using me up that is .

Ron

I figured it was Terry Varner, I met him at Loretta Lynn's ATV pro race back in 87, he was porting 2 stroke cylinders there in the back of a van, seen alot of cylinders with the Varner name engraved on them. I was also into 2 stroke porting at the time also, Tom Carlson was there too from TC racing, I hear he is still building engines too.

Chet

• 2 months later...