Sign in to follow this  

1999 KTM 50 question

I've found a KTM 50 on CL that I can pick up on the cheap,the only hang up Im having is Im not sure what model it is. I think I know that they made three different sizes of 50 and the seller is sure it's the middle model. Can anybody tell me how it would compare size wise to say a PW or a CRF? I know I should just go sit the boy on it,but I'm hoping to pick it up as an Xmas present,and the reason I'm asking before going and looking for myself is that its located a long way off my path home from work and it's a holiday weekend. Just trying to save myself a few hours on the road if possible. Any insight I can get will be much appriciated. BTW,my boy is 4 and on the taller side in his class. He has some quad experience and is starting to get a decent handle on throttle control. He has also been riding his bike without training wheels since about his third birthday so he has the skills needed to ride a motorcycle,I'm just concerned about the height of this one.

I've found a KTM 50 on CL that I can pick up on the cheap,the only hang up Im having is Im not sure what model it is. I think I know that they made three different sizes of 50 and the seller is sure it's the middle model. Can anybody tell me how it would compare size wise to say a PW or a CRF? I know I should just go sit the boy on it,but I'm hoping to pick it up as an Xmas present,and the reason I'm asking before going and looking for myself is that its located a long way off my path home from work and it's a holiday weekend. Just trying to save myself a few hours on the road if possible. Any insight I can get will be much appriciated. BTW,my boy is 4 and on the taller side in his class. He has some quad experience and is starting to get a decent handle on throttle control. He has also been riding his bike without training wheels since about his third birthday so he has the skills needed to ride a motorcycle,I'm just concerned about the height of this one.

Not sure on the 99, but likely similar to the 02 that I have. I believe there is the mini adventure and the senior adventure. The mini is just that, shorter and the Senior is taller with more susp travel. May have been called something different in 99.

I started my son on a PW for Christmas last year, rode it about a month or two and I had realized I made a mistake. The MA will be a little taller than the PW, but will have better everything, with more power. My son was going on 6 by the time I got the SA, I lowered it as far as I could and let him ride.

Is it possible to measure your son's inseam and then measure the seat height?

air cooled?

Pictures?

You will be able to tell right away if it is the mini or the senior.

Not sure on the 99, but likely similar to the 02 that I have. I believe there is the mini adventure and the senior adventure. The mini is just that, shorter and the Senior is taller with more susp travel. May have been called something different in 99.

I started my son on a PW for Christmas last year, rode it about a month or two and I had realized I made a mistake. The MA will be a little taller than the PW, but will have better everything, with more power. My son was going on 6 by the time I got the SA, I lowered it as far as I could and let him ride.

Is it possible to measure your son's inseam and then measure the seat height?

air cooled?

Pictures?

You will be able to tell right away if it is the mini or the senior.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/2715138092.html

Well I bought the bike,and I'm still not exactly sure what I have. On the bike it say SXR Aventure. The title just says "adventure". It's air cooled,both brakes are hand operated,and it has drum brakes on both ends. The pipe has a smallish expansion chamber,and it's black. I would say height wise it's pretty comparable to a CRF. Any ideas on what I have? I've ran the VIN,and didn't get any specific model info from it.