Sign in to follow this  

250sxf quiet exhaust

alrighty, here is my issue. i have a 2009 250sxf and i'm in the market for an aftermarket exhaust, slip-on or full system. there is nothing wrong with my stock, its actually in great shape. i'm just looking for something a little more quiet. i've been all over the map with this. i'm an all around type of rider, motocross, hare scrambles, single track, im not picky. but spots are scarce and people bitch and moan.

so ive been looking at a few things. FMF megabomb or powebomb with a Q4 can, leo vince, akrapovic, pro circuit, or a different ktm stock silencer, or any other brand that you can think of. im just looking for something quiet.

any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Edited by shayne_omac

I'll bet that you could find a stock 250 XCF or XCF-W muffler from someone here. Make sure that it has an intact spark arrestor. These exhausts are relatively free-breathing, fairly lightweight and reasonably quiet.

I put a LEXX spark arrestor silencer on my '08 250 XCF. I'm happy with it, nice quality and it seems to fall on either side of the stock silencer as far as how loud it is.

Without the insert it's very loud, much more so than stock and a good bit quieter than stock with the spark arrestor insert in. Not sure what the actual db number is but it just takes the "bark" away.

i have a powercore 4 on my 07 250sxf and its deffinatley not something you want for woods riding because it is loud

ditto, the fmf is loud!

Leo Vince are 94 db and make good power..made better than FMF...i had one on my bike

before i sold the bike...i have a leo vince on ktmtalk for sell ...less than 10 hrs....