Sign in to follow this  

250f seemingly has too much snap

my friend that currently rides a 04 cr125r tried another friends 06 crf250r and hated it, he said the power was just retarded and 4 times snappier than a 2 stroke(it snapped as if he cracked the throttle when he hit quarter-mid throttle and almost flipped) hes a well experienced rider so it wasnt just him, he also tried another friends 06 kx250f and loved it, said it accelerated smoothly and wheelied easily, unlike the snappy crf, are all hondas like that or is that one just odd(possibly broken in some special way or something like that?) the crf and kxf are both 100% stock engine/exhaust wise. that crf does blast, it looks like a possessed lightweight 450.

thank you for actually reading the whole thing and i appreciate any input as to what is going on and whos bike is riding normal. also please dont start joking around with me here in completely serious and i know im not the best at explaining things.

not all crf's are like that at all.. i have ridden multiple and none of them have snapped much at all.. a 4 stroke is designed to be smooth not snap, so ya something was up with that one... dont know what to tell you other then that

I wouldn't call the power of any 250f that I have ridden as snappy. Smooth delivery is what they are known for. Maybe someone has changed the throttle cam, or installed a two stroke motor on it, lol.

heres a video skip to 1:40ish cause thats where the crf comes in, i dont know if it will help but that crf has something strange too it, like i said it acts like a 450 almost, (tho the crfs rider is fast anyway)

No vid??

oh sorry the link didnt paste

i dont think it will help too much anyway but here

my friend that currently rides a 04 cr125r tried another friends 06 crf250r and hated it, he said the power was just retarded and 4 times snappier than a 2 stroke(it snapped as if he cracked the throttle when he hit quarter-mid throttle and almost flipped) hes a well experienced rider so it wasnt just him, he also tried another friends 06 kx250f and loved it, said it accelerated smoothly and wheelied easily, unlike the snappy crf, are all hondas like that or is that one just odd(possibly broken in some special way or something like that?) the crf and kxf are both 100% stock engine/exhaust wise. that crf does blast, it looks like a possessed lightweight 450.

Sounds like the Honda is working correctly and the KXF is running crappy. A CR125 is pretty anemic though - might just get a little getting used to. I wish my 250X would get a little more snappy...

JayC

Sounds like the Honda is working correctly and the KXF is running crappy. A CR125 is pretty anemic though - might just get a little getting used to. I wish my 250X would get a little more snappy...

JayC

you sure about that because the crf seems to have raw power almost, as if it were a torquey 2 stroke.

also the kid on the 125sx sold it and is now on the kxf i mentioned above

There are probably two issues here:

1. The KXF is probably improperly jetted, or is a bit worn out or something. 250s do have a sudden fairly rapid rise in power as they tend to have more aggressive camshafts than 450s. They try to wring as much as possible from those little motors.

2. You guys are all used to riding 125s, where you give them a hand full of throttle, wait for the engine to rise into the meat of its power band (or either clutch in and get it up yourself), and then the back tire probably breaks loose.

You hop on the 250 and give it a huge hand-full of throttle like you're riding a 125, but the power is there instantly and it hooks up a little better being a 4-Stroke (or possibly just a better tire). Four-strokes (especially 450s) need to have fairly fine throttle control to manage the power. Like I mentioned above, you can't just hop on and suddenly crack the throttle halfway open and not expect it try it's hardest to kill you.

i dont really follow 4 strokes..but is that crf possibly fuel injected? white fender?:lol:

not if its an 06

I have never ridden a 250f with "too much snap".... I'd say you are just an inexperienced rider, on a properly running bike

I have never ridden a 250f with "too much snap".... I'd say you are just an inexperienced rider, on a properly running bike

no thats not the case, i myself am decent but my friends (the cr125 and crf250 riders) are very good riders, the kxf has been checked and id be very supprised if anything was missed. im really just baffled by it, is it possibly that someone set something so the max rpms come in like a 2 stroke? i know that sounds like a noob question but you can mess with 2 strokes to make it hit max rpms somewhat harder or softer.

no thats not the case, i myself am decent but my friends (the cr125 and crf250 riders) are very good riders, the kxf has been checked and id be very supprised if anything was missed. im really just baffled by it, is it possibly that someone set something so the max rpms come in like a 2 stroke? i know that sounds like a noob question but you can mess with 2 strokes to make it hit max rpms somewhat harder or softer.

Its called adjusting the pv on a 2t...

I dod not see any skilled riders in the video...:) Thats coming from me, a slow guy...:lol:

I dod not see any skilled riders in the video...:) Thats coming from me, a slow guy...:lol:

+2

Quit riding your dirt bike like a goon.

that was just a video of them on the powerlines for the hell of it, i would have posted a link to a track video but i cant find any decent ones with the crf in it, they obviously werent serious there, when theyre at a track or a pit theyre alot faster (or atleast the crf and yzf) but back to the main topic,

what mods could have been done to make a 250f act almost like a 450 without a big bore?