Sign in to follow this  

Carb Problems

Does anyone know if you can get a replacement nozzle for the accelerator pump. It's the nozzle that shoots gas into the mouth of the carb. For some reason the ass clown that I bought the bike off of must of soldered it shut so the accelerator pump doesnt shoot gas into the carb. Can anyone tell me what the advantage of this would be, I have no idea on that one..

Edited by dchick1024

I don't think you can buy that part separately, however you can replace the entire float bowl for around $50, while your there also get a new acc pump cover kit.

16021-MEN-A01 Diaphram set.

16015-KSC-A11. Float bowl

Does anyone know if you can get a replacement nozzle for the accelerator pump. It's the nozzle that shoots gas into the mouth of the carb. For some reason the ass clown that I bought the bike off of must of soldered it shut so the accelerator pump doesnt shoot gas into the carb. Can anyone tell me what the advantage of this would be, I have no idea on that one..

Really??

I find that hard to believe. It's probably just clogged with Ethanol varnish.

I am getting ZERO squirt from my AP. My diaphragm looks like it's rotting but doesn't appear to be rotted through so it's probably still somewhat effective. I'm going to replace it (#9 DIAPHRAGM SET, PUMP, 16021-MEN-A01) but worried that won't solve my problem. Passageways might be clogged as well. I gave everything a few good blasts with brake cleaner then compressed air and still no squirt.

https://www.thumpert...2008&model=2738

Any recommendations on a better way to clean the nozzle and passages? Hopefully a new diaphragm will do the trick but I don't want to waste too much time trying to figure this out. The bowl drains fuel so I know it's at least getting down there.

I am getting ZERO squirt from my AP. My diaphragm looks like it's rotting but doesn't appear to be rotted through so it's probably still somewhat effective. I'm going to replace it (#9 DIAPHRAGM SET, PUMP, 16021-MEN-A01) but worried that won't solve my problem. Passageways might be clogged as well. I gave everything a few good blasts with brake cleaner then compressed air and still no squirt.

https://www.thumpert...2008&model=2738

Any recommendations on a better way to clean the nozzle and passages? Hopefully a new diaphragm will do the trick but I don't want to waste too much time trying to figure this out. The bowl drains fuel so I know it's at least getting down there.

The nozzle orifice size is very small.

You have to get some 'real' carb cleaner up in there, and let it sit.

Make sure you hold the throttle wide open during this spray, so you don't get carb cleaner on the slide.

Let it sit 15 min and try again with brake cleaner or compressed air.

Repeat as needed.

I needed to do mine three times before it became clear.

The nozzle orifice size is very small.

You have to get some 'real' carb cleaner up in there, and let it sit.

Make sure you hold the throttle wide open during this spray, so you don't get carb cleaner on the slide.

Let it sit 15 min and try again with brake cleaner or compressed air.

Repeat as needed.

I needed to do mine three times before it became clear.

I hope my aim with 'real' carb cleaner is good! Sounds like this would best be done after fully removing the carb again unless I can get it turned around enough to get a clear shot in.

I hope my aim with 'real' carb cleaner is good! Sounds like this would best be done after fully removing the carb again unless I can get it turned around enough to get a clear shot in.

Nah, you can do it really easy if you lift up the sub frame. They you don't even have to take the tank off. 7 bolts.

That did the trick. Got a nice strong blast now but still going to replace the diaphragm. It looks like absolute crap.

• Like 1