Sign in to follow this  

98' CR250 Fork swap to 01' CR250 forks

I recently purchased 2001 CR250 forks and a 2001 CR250 shock for installing on my 98' CR 250. I'm curious if I only need different wheel spacers for installing my 98' front wheel? Triple clamp should be the same as both model year bikes came with 47mm showa's. Any alterations required for my front brake or front brake bracket?

I believe the rear shock should just drop in, or are there any alterations required with that?

Thanks

If nobody comes along with your answers, you should be able to figure this out by comparing those part numbers (hub, spacers, axle, brake caliper, brake bracket, etc) from the micro fiche of any online Honda OEM supplier.

I'm looking to "upgrade" my 1998 cr250 forks ASAP as I know mine aren't the best. We did fork seals on my 98 forks recently and now they are still leaking and hissing when I strap them down. We think maybe the fork legs are scratched. Anyway, I want to just scrap them and upgrade to something newer that will provide a better ride. I'd also love to upgrade the shock.

Does anyone know what will just drop in without too much hassle?

For anyone wondering, especially the OP, after a good bit of research for the GEN1 97-99 cr250's, the GEN2 00-01 forks are a direct swap. No spacers, clamps, nothing. Perfect fit. Newer years 47mm will require a spacer or maybe even diff. axle., triples, caliper, etc. Just depends.