Sign in to follow this  

Trying to decide on a kit to make my 450X street legal

So, I am on the hunt for a kit (headlight, taillight/brake light, turn signals, horn, etc.). So, what kit are you running on your 450X? Or did you piece it together? If so, what parts?

Thanks in advance.

0hioB0b

I just got my Baja Designs dual sport kit for my 2009 CRF-450X.

Just as with the one I used on my 2009 WR-250F, it is very neat and tidy, and all of the wiring is made to mate with the stock electrical connectors.

I am pretty hard on my bike and the headlight has lasted 4 years. The rear blinkers break off pretty easy on a get off, but I put some low profile flush mounts on the last time I broke one off and no problems since. The nice thing about this kit, is it will get you all the wires, switches, instructions, etc to get you street legal. After you are plated, all your wires are there and you can customize it to your liking.

Good luck.

Trick Dual Sport

6+ years and no problems except self-inflicted and then Dale fixed it for next to nothing.

Dale is an awesome dude, will help you any way you want.

You also can't go wrong with Baja Designs, Alan is a great guy and he has a good staff.

I used the Baja Designs on my 450X. It's a great kit. The only issue is with the turn signal/head light control switch. Dirt and water seems to cause the issues. I used a Sicass Racing kit on my KTM and the switch is smaller and I have not had any issues with it. Either way both seem to be good kits. CHris at Sicass has provides great customer support. But so does BD.