Sign in to follow this  

Weird wiring harness problem for 99 kx125

Ok so ive come into some what of a problem, from looking at other pics of wiring harnesses, I think I have a 98 harness. Does anyone know if the earlyer 99 kx125s came with a 98 harness? From what I have, the stator is one peice with the harness and everything else plugs into that. From looking online the 99s stator plugs into the harness? I dont have a plug in for a condensor or the tps plug in the carb (closest to the top of the carb?) Will this thing run with the way it is? And if you guys did not know I bought this bike in a box and have never heard it run, and the guy I bought it from was very unorganized. And no I don't have a manual.

All info is greatly appriciated

Look at the top of this forum in the sticky/FAQ section for my parts cross reference thread. Go to the Kawasaki site parts diagrams and try to match up your harness. Also, post the VIN number of your bike and the engine case number, I can tell you the exact year from that.

The 98's didn't have the TPS on the carb, only the powerjet (small solenoid). Look at the pics in the diagrams at the carbs too.

I have done some searching on ebay and parts diagrams on motosport and im almost positive it is a 98 harness and stator. So the next step im going to do is actually try and start it (piston should be here next week sometime) and see if it runs the way it should. Also from my readings, the top plug on the carb is the tps sensor and the other lower plug on the carb is the power jet? Some of the reading I have done says that some people unplug the tps sensor and they don't even notice anything, wondering if that is true? And what does the power jet do? Just trying to get this all figured out before I end up buying parts I dont really need.

I checked the vin on the frame and engine and they are both match up with 1999 from the kawi page.