09 450 deal or no deal

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/2666985355.html Im looking to get a new bike and this one is in my price range just not to sure if the bike is priced right. new top end including cylinder with less than an hour on it has all reciepts and is the original owner. says it has no more than 45 hrs on entire bike. the bike is almost four hrs away so i cant just buzz on over and check it out either which sucks. any info on the year and model is greatly appreciated to thanks guys!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dealers couldn't get $4900 for a new one. It took 2 summers of begging to get rid of that inventory.

The street price for a nice '09 is $3500, especially in the winter. If you don't need a bike soon, be patient and a screaming winter deal will come along.

he says he has all the original spare parts and the rebuild he does just to freshen up. the cylinder was replaced because, these are exact words. "my budddy had a new one and he quit so i figured why not put it on" not sure about that but who knows? as far as finding one for 3500 impretty sure thats impossible in michigan this is about the price they are all going for and this one seems to be the nicest and i like all the add ons/suspension is set formy weight. wish i lived in colorado i cant seem to find a deal close to that and im always on craigslist. im def goona try and talkin him down im not payin 4800.

I'd ask some more questions before I decided to purchase it.

Who did the head work?

What brand of high compression piston? What ratio?

Who did the re-map? Is it set to run on pump gas?

Who did all the coatings on the suspension?

The new cylinder explanation would make me a little worried.

Price does seem a little high, I got mine with less than 10 hours for $4500 beginning of summer during peak bike season.

even if the bike did blow and need a new top end including cylinder if everythings replaced with new is that still a prob? runs on pump gas yes. i asked about the bottom end and he clains all good the guy seems to have a lot on cash so i dont see why he would put it back together with any bad components. also has a new cam if that means anything.

That bike is not worth 4800.00.... You can buy a brand new leftover for that price from the dealers around here. It might be a couple of dollars more, like two hundred, but the dealers around southeast michigan you should be able to call up local dealers and get the same price on a leftover.

hmm ill have to look into buying a new one then. he still has the other cylinder and says its in good shape so thats a big bonus imo to have an extra cylinder. the only thing about buying a new one is that ill have to pay for all the extras on top of that and i want most of whats on the bike like the rims suspension exhaust skid plate throttle tube all that adds up to be quite a bit. imgoona try and talk him down and see what happens thanks for input guys.