Sign in to follow this  

knee braces

I had EVS webs. They worked good,but they do not fully cover your knee. There is about a 1/4" gap above and below the knee pad. Don't you know I got roosted and had a rock find the gap below the knee? Hurt like hell. They needed some work anyways so I got a new set of Asterisks. They work awesome and you forget they are on. Fully cover all parts of the knee as well.

If you want the best, go with the CTI 2. They are custom fitted to you leg and fit like a glove!

I have worn all of the braces, and my #1 choice is the CTI 2, 2nd is the asterisk and 3rd is the POD.

The asterisk is a great off the shelf brand and they have made a lot of up grades since the first version years ago. Me personally, I use the asterisk when I practice and the CTI 2 when I race.

I had a lot of trouble with the EVS breaking when I used them as well as friends that have used them. They may have corrected the problem by now though.

Have a great day!

I recently got a pair of custom Townsend Web motocross braces (after ACLr surgery on 1 knee, but received a script for both). A bit bulky, but they are very strong and cover the legs in addition to the knee cup and padding. I've riden twice so far and so far so good. Walk a bit like Robocop though. However they provide a lot of confidence and strength.