Sign in to follow this  

mx track plans

so i got some flat land and im wanting to build a track im a C class rider so i dont need any 80+ foot jumps any ideas?

heres what i have to work with:

track.jpg

(I the scribbled oout area is either rocky hills roads or neighbors land... i have more land just not flat like this peice.)

Non flat land is better since you can use the natural terrain and not have to move as much dirt.

its not perfectly flat there are some rolling hills the issue is that all the land that isnt flat (like this) is a steady rocky slope up to the bottom of a cliff... like a plateau.

Lots of turns, lots of table tops, and a few singles or maybe a few small doubles make the perfect track IMO. On a private track your more likely to get your less skilled buddies out there to ride, so the "simpler" and safer the track the more they will enjoy it.

When the track becomes too easy or boring to you, build it up. Kind of hard to tell what your really working with from that pic, but it looks like a nice spot to build a seriously killer track! Keep us posted on the progress!

Lots of turns, lots of table tops, and a few singles or maybe a few small doubles make the perfect track IMO. On a private track your more likely to get your less skilled buddies out there to ride, so the "simpler" and safer the track the more they will enjoy it.

When the track becomes too easy or boring to you, build it up. Kind of hard to tell what your really working with from that pic, but it looks like a nice spot to build a seriously killer track! Keep us posted on the progress!

:lol:

What kind of equiptment do you have to build this track? A bull dozer works best, but anything is better then a shovel.

What kind of equiptment do you have to build this track? A bull dozer works best, but anything is better then a shovel.

Very true... I was wondering the same thing. I helped a buddy build his track a few years ago and all we had was two small bobcat type machines from his landscaping buisness and it took us FOR EVER (mostly moving dirt) shaping was the easy part!!! If we had a dozer we probably could have had it done in a week or two!

do a supercross/motocross track. that away you can kinda prepare for both tracks...i would build singles whoops jump on and jump off step up and stepdown's and alot of table tops...once you are clearing every table top every single time no problem then knock the middle out of them and use the dirt for something else...you dont want to make a double and try to jump it the first time and case and then be scared to jump it the rest of the time...itll just turn into a jump that everyone by passes.

do a supercross/motocross track. that away you can kinda prepare for both tracks...i would build singles whoops jump on and jump off step up and stepdown's and alot of table tops...once you are clearing every table top every single time no problem then knock the middle out of them and use the dirt for something else...you dont want to make a double and try to jump it the first time and case and then be scared to jump it the rest of the time...itll just turn into a jump that everyone by passes.

thats what i was thinking but to answer everyones question i will most likely have a skiddy (maybe with a blade attachment?) and possibly a excavator (traco as some call them) it will be equipment my dad rents from work so i will only have about 3-4 days. but hey anything beats a shovel!!! :lol:

2011-11-25230904.jpg

thats what i came up with

what do you think?

To tell the truth you should start building the track and you will probably change several things before you are done. The only time you go strictly by the "book" is if you are paying for heavy equipment by the hr.. If you do pay for heavy equipment you will walk the piece of land hundreds of times and visualize it all before you call the earth movers. I actually only ended up with the lanes where I planned and a couple of the larger obstacles. Once you start riding you see what needs modifying. Good luck and keep us informed.